Previous   Next

What is your New Year’s resolution?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 1, 2006

Browse the archives

“To lose weight. I have a gym membership and I’m going to go three to five times a week. I’m also consulting with a personal trainer so I can get the results I want.”

“My New Year’s resolution this year is to contribute greater efforts toward world peace.”

“To surprise more people who like surprises with more surprises.”

“It should probably be to stop spending so much money on clothes, shoes and everything else.”

Related story

Comments

mr_sassy_pantsss 8 years, 12 months ago

audvisartist 8 years, 12 months ago

My resolution is to keep improving my skills as an advocate and case manager for children's oral health in Douglas County, and keep fighting the good fight against early childhood tooth decay! Oh yeah, and I'm still in need of a van to help transport low-income children to and from their dental appointments. Interested in helping? Email me at abcd@dcdclinic.org!

GreenEyedBlues 8 years, 12 months ago

I'd like to know for which pizza company Eric Dobbins delivers. I don't like "surprises" in my pizza. Seriously...

My New Year's resolution is to promote more meaning in my partnership, to lose a bit of weight... and to graduate. Oy. Good luck to everyone on their own goals for 2006.

ms_canada 8 years, 12 months ago

I resolve to start each day on an upbeat note and for starters here is an item of amusement from the Toronto Globe and Mail. Entitled OVEREXPOSED Responding to apparent screams of distress from a rubber dinghy at 8 am, coast guards in Devon, England discovered a naked couple making love. Lifeboatman Nigel Crang said, "I've never seen such things in a six-foot inflatable at such an early hour." I wondered if it had been later in the day would he have been more used to the event. Also, E_M were you just getting home at 5am? Some party. Had fun, did you? Happy New Year everyone!!!!!

emdeees 8 years, 12 months ago

my resolution is to get top marks in my first semester of college. i only have three classes, so i bet i can do it! jill-- you're really cute and probably don't need to lose any weight.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 12 months ago

Prospector: Fangorn got title of "first of the year" on yesterday's post (this morning) at 12:03...I told him someone would try to nab that prize from him. So, what shall we give him for a prize? I'm sure we can come up with something. Besides, sounds like e_m already got his prize! (Or will soon.)

My resolution was to clean up the mess left by last night's events at my house. DONE! I am fulfilled.

p.s. slept 'til 11:30...way too cool!:)

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ms_canada 8 years, 12 months ago

prospector - sorry no pictures, but can't you use your imagination. :o) I can. Also, it might be fun to try to imagine the story behind the adventure. I mean, how did they happen to be out on the briney at that time of the day, were they married, (but not to each other) hiding, sneaking around, was it planned, accidental, a regular occurrance. Possiblilities exist for a good tale.

mr_sassy_pantsss 8 years, 12 months ago

I resolve to not post nor read anymore anonymous comments in this online newspaper, because:

To regulary post/read anonymous comments on a newspaper blog is the same as spending all your time in front of a TV playing video games.

Well, with one exception- if it's Marion that is posting then I will absolutely read, reread and study every comment he graciously offers with such insight and profound wisdom.

killjoy 8 years, 12 months ago

world.

Marion

please

lead

us.

ms_canada 8 years, 12 months ago

officialsinBelgiumdiscoveredthatawomantheyhadproclaimedtobetheoldestlivingBelgianactuallydiedin1954.Justtryingtokeepmyresolution.

Linda Endicott 8 years, 12 months ago

I'm getting a headache, and a crick in my neck...lol.

I don't make New Year's resolutions anymore. Hardly anybody keeps them, and then that just makes them feel bad.

Have those goals...just don't put a timeframe on them. Life happens as it happens. Don't rush it.