Previous   Next

How do you think the KU football team will do in the Sunflower Showdown?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. St. on October 8, 2005

Browse the archives

“I think that we have a good scheme for the game and that the coaches will bring us home. The running game will be essential.”

“I’m not really sure, but I think K-State is going to win because purple always prevails.”

“I don’t think KU has a very good chance, but we’ll see.”

KU has a lot of heart and they’re in it to win it. I would estimate they have an 82.5 percent chance of winning it.”

Related story

Comments

b_asinbeer 9 years, 2 months ago

It's gonna be tough. KU needs to continue their good running game. But, it also needs to become better at the passing game. This goes not just for QBs, but receivers as well. Barmann and Luke have to be on target, and our receivers have to catch the ball first, and then think about running. With that going, that would make the running game much better. Plus, a little bit of luck wouldn't hurt...

bankboy119 9 years, 2 months ago

I think KU can win it. I'd really rather see them lose but I think they can pull it off.

sharron5rs 9 years, 2 months ago

I think its going to be a great game. The way KU has been improving, and the way KSU played last week..... If KSU gets their head out of their _ _ _ and decides to PLAY the game, KU might have a tougher time. I only hope its NOT a blowout on either side. But my heart will always be purple.

BunE 9 years, 2 months ago

KSU got whipped last week (punter anyone?) However, I believe that game will prove to be the wake up call for KSU to sweep the north.
Still, KU's D is pretty tough and Mangino was an OU dude.

We shall see.

Hey! El Sid is on the conquerers!

Dixie Jones 9 years, 2 months ago

AHHH not a doubt in my mind PURPLE all the way......

Teapot 9 years, 2 months ago

To all the liberal hippies out there please stay out of this conversation. Please stick to the political banter and bleeding heart issues that inspire all of you. Anyway, KU will win this game, no doubt about it.

GreenEyedBlues 9 years, 2 months ago

"To all the liberal hippies out there please stay out of this conversation."

On any other day with any other question... Teapot, be glad it's the weekend and the traffic is low. Hell hath no fury like the wrath of Lulu & friends.

l_eustacy 9 years, 2 months ago

KU definitely had the better team. It's a shame the offense couldn't execute anything but themselves. We absolutely beat ourselves with all the penalties today. Mangino's recruiting is slowly paying off though; look at the effect the defense had. Aggieville should be celebrating their last season of winning this rivalry for quite a while. Bring on Mizzou. I think Mangino should have the mistakes corrected by the end of the month

bearded_gnome 9 years, 2 months ago

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

couldn't the LJW come up with a better question? I have an idea, once or twice a week they let us here on this board come up with a question for "on the street1!"

remember: "Mars needs women!"

b_asinbeer 9 years, 2 months ago

Defense was stellar, but the offense was nowhere to be found....again.