Previous   Next

How do you feel about the Jayhawks losing in the first round?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 20, 2005

Browse the archives

“Disappointed. They just need to get back to what they are good at next season. I’m sure nobody feels worse about it than those guys.”

“It really doesn’t matter to me, but I guess I am a little disappointed. I think I’ll get season tickets for women’s basketball next year.”

“It didn’t really look like they were doing too well near the end of the season. I’d hate to say it, but I kind of saw it coming.”

“I would say I’m disappointed that Bill Self couldn’t bring more talent out of the freshmen than he did.”

Comments

Richard Heckler 9 years, 9 months ago

It's not the end of the world. Coach Self has work to do. The big guy Wayne carried his part throughout the season to the end. It seems to me there was some very sloppy ball handling(passing) about the last half of the season...way more than usual from a jayhawk team I'd say.

While Roy never got the NCCA championship winning 30 plus games a year was no mean feat. Personally I don't put that much stock in the NCAA championship as a measure for keeping a coach.

I was sorry that Gonzaga lost night. Does this mean that Bobby Knight is back?

Let's fire Hemmenway and Lew Perkins for screwing with the long time sports fans...they're both over paid.

JHAWKGURL 9 years, 9 months ago

All I have to say is....thank you seniors! And to the under classmen.....get ready for next year! Make this summer training count! PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

Hong_Kong_Phooey 9 years, 9 months ago

I will just reiterate what I said yesterday...

I would just like to take this moment to be juvenile and say to all those people that told me I was "jealous" or "hating" because I said that the Jayhawks were overrated...Ha, Ha. See. I told you so.

...it looks like Moody is going to be the best returning player they've got. Lord, help us!

...it's funny how everybody seems to have been so intuitive about the Jayhawks losing...now.

Jayhawk226 9 years, 9 months ago

Well, bring on my Chicago Cubbies...

...oh God, help me!!!

This is going to be one long sports year for me, isn't it?!!?

Au_contraire 9 years, 9 months ago

To H_K_P,

I have one thing to say to you: South Carolina, A&M, Kentucky, Iowa State, Colorado, Nebraska, Texas, Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, and K State (TWICE).

2004 season a HIT, despite post-season disappointment.

Kristen Murphy 9 years, 9 months ago

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I think it's great! No offense KU fans...But you have to understand how amazing this is to us...I mean come on, we expect to lose...You guys expect to go far in the tourney....Good luck next year...

mrcairo 9 years, 9 months ago

I'm mad at myself for picking the to win the first game, I should have gone with my intincts... silly me.

William_Rothgraeger 9 years, 9 months ago

I feel sick over our seniors. This is probably one of the most talented teams KU has ever seen. A misfortunate ending to say the least. Rock chalk... I will look forward to seeing familiar faces in the NBA.

Nikki May 9 years, 9 months ago

As for the seniors, they are amazing talent. Too bad they didn't show it this year. Hopefully next year will look better for everyone.