Previous   Next

What was the best movie of the summer?

Asked at Southwind 12, 3433 Iowa on August 6, 2005

Browse the archives

Wedding Crashers.’ I thought it was very, very funny.”

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,’ because it was funny, and I had never seen the original.”

“I think ‘Wedding Crashers’ might be it. One of my girlfriends said her stomach hurt when she came out from laughing so hard.”

“I’d have to say that ‘Wedding Crashers’ was the best, but ‘The Island’ was pretty good too.”

Comments

GreenEyedBlues 9 years, 1 month ago

I didn't pay attention during Willy Wonka because Johnny Depp's hair was killin' me softly.

wichita_reader 9 years, 1 month ago

My vote for best movie of the summer goes to Crash. Extremely thought-provoking. Wedding Crashers was a close second.

Lsn2me 9 years, 1 month ago

Outright "Muderball" is the best movie I have seen this summer. Had to go to the Tivoli in K.C. to see it though. Simply, this movie was about quadriplegic athletes who do not get along with everyone. "Murderball" highlights the core human competitive spirit. They guys are out there inspiring and doing good and the world, and this film highlights this small group of individuals on the USA Quadriplegic Rugby team. Go see it if you can.

Hong_Kong_Phooey 9 years, 1 month ago

Far and away, the best movie of the summer was "Batman Begins". It was awesome. Plus, it actually seemed plausible, unlike it's predecessors.

wichita_reader 9 years, 1 month ago

No o_m_b, I haven't seen that one. Do you mean "odd" in a good, I should go rent it way?, or "odd" as in it's not worth my time? If that makes sense.

italianprincess 9 years, 1 month ago

I enjoyed Mr. and Mrs. Smith......truely a funny movie with comedy, action and adventure. I still want to see Wedding Crashes and a few others, but will rent them when they come out.

My dad saw both Star Wars III and Batman Begins and said that Batman Begins was much better and the best out of all the Batmans they have made.

Today is my little one's BDay party, so hes having a few of his friends stay the night after the party. I'm taking them to see the new Disney movie " Sky High ". It looks good for kids and you know theres not much out there for kids these days.

Have a great day everyone.........

Liberty 9 years, 1 month ago

Either Martial Law by Alex Jones, or "911 In Plane Site" by William Lewis or Beyond Treason.

Link to 911 In Plane Site: http://www.911inplanesite.com/

Beyond Treason: http://www.beyondtreason.com/

Martial Law 911: The Rise of the Police State: http://911.freelancepartnership.com/ http://www.infowars.com http://www.prisonplanet.tv

Lulu 9 years, 1 month ago

Forget the movies for a day. I recommend going to the Atomic Peace park (between Watkins Museum and Papa Kenos) and laying a rose on the sidewalk.

The bombing of Hirsasucka was a needless and senseless act preformed by our military.

GreenEyedBlues 9 years, 1 month ago

I can't wait for Cinderella to come out on DVD!

With the exception of Song of the South and The Jungle Book, I'll have every Disney animated feature on DVD from Snow White to Pooh's Heffalump Movie. !!!

Aileen Dingus 9 years, 1 month ago

I'm going with Mad Hot Ballroom.

Ceallach 9 years, 1 month ago

Happy Birthday to IP's son!!

I love movies in general. I am not usually deterred from enjoying a flick that the movie critics and cinematic purists have panned. In fact, if the critics don't like them, I usually do (I probably don't want to know what that says about me). I just saw March of the Penquins it was a good movie, Morgan Freeman's voice as narrator also helped out. Some narrators sound like they are on the edge of dozing off which in turn makes me want to doze off. I also enjoyed Madagascar with my granddaughter. Most of the grown up movies I have seen this summer were on video or dvd so they don't count.

I'll go crazy (crazier :) if I don't say "Yeah, yeah, yeah, the creeps have to be resentenced!!!" Hats off to all who were not intimidated by local lawyers (kissing up to da judge) and others who seemed unable or unwilling to see the big picture regarding a 13 year old girl.

italianprincess 9 years, 1 month ago

Ty for the bday greeting to my son.

Just got back from the movies ( took 4 boys, talk about losing my mind.....LOL ) and watched " Sky High ". It was a good movie for kids to see. Had its funny parts and its superhero action parts. The whole movie is based around kids, so that makes it good for them to relate.

All in all, had a good time.....now I need a drink. LOL Just kidding.