Previous   Next

Are you happy that the Red Sox finally won the World Series? Do you think the curse is over?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 29, 2004

Browse the archives

“I would have been happier if the Astros would have won, but I am OK with the outcome. I never believed in the curse.”

“I’m glad that the fans finally got what they wanted. As for the curse, who knows?”

“I suppose that the curse has been broken. I’m from St. Louis, and if I had to pick someone to lose to, it would be them.”

“I think it’s really cool if you’re a Red Sox fan. I heard that they hadn’t won a game in 86 years, so I’m happy for them.”

Comments

tell_it_like_it_is 10 years, 6 months ago

Hey quit picking on Lulu she may be a little whacked but at least she ain't a mean ol jackass like Hoofy.

Grundoon Luna 10 years, 6 months ago

Since when was being Ann Coulter in drag funny?

Now, THAT was funny!!

Hi_Jinks 10 years, 6 months ago

So the Red Sox finally won all the marbles?! Wow!

Hmmm....

Does this mean that next year KU will finally beat Nebraska in football? I mean it's only been, what?, 35 years since the last time that happened! I'm still patiently waiting for that one.........

P.S. Madonna condoms?

mr_daniels 10 years, 6 months ago

The curse is over! Red Sox winning their last eight games in a row out of eleven! Great finish! Royals? Twins? Curses.

hoof_hearted give um hell! You Lefties out there, don't forget to vote and as often as you most certainly will!

GO GOP 04

Redneckgal 10 years, 6 months ago

Hoof_heart you really help your party. I know your snide comments inspire all the undecided voters want to run right out and vote for your canidate.

mrcairo 10 years, 6 months ago

I'm delighted the Red Sox won. I wonder what the odds were in Vegas after they were down 3-0 against the Yankies that they'd win 7 in a row and take it all. I'd like to have had $100.00 on that ticket.

Curse?? It's bad luck to be superstitious.

gyroduck 10 years, 6 months ago

The curse was for real. It was reversed when the Yankees got A-Rod. Now the Yankees are cursed, and that is fine with me.

craigers 10 years, 6 months ago

Just so everybody knows, they won eight in a row and won it all. But, the same holds true, the odds were not in the Red Sox favor. The truth is, the Red Sox finally didn't choke. They were a great team last year, but they choked during crunch time since they all thought they were under a curse. A curse? How old are these guys that play baseball. Babe Ruth doesn't really care, because he probably got paid more in New York, we all know that the Yankees get paid more now than any other team in the country, they just have more money.

Savage 10 years, 6 months ago

Curses? Phooey! And as for the users comments on transvestites handing out condoms...Before we all know it lawrence will be renamed by the libs "little San Francisco". Ya know, that little beatnik liberal artsy fartsy scene. Now I'll just sit back and wait for the hillarious verbal attack to begin.

penguin 10 years, 6 months ago

I am so glad they finally won because now I can get my life back. I have been a Sox fan for some years, but am too young to remember Game 6, but thanks to ESPN and ESPN Classic I practically know every bit of dirt that ball hit before squirting through Buckner's legs. However I knew something was just different this year. I actually got to go to Fenway which was great. I just see all the stars are starting to align for my ideal sports season. KU beat KSU....now the Sox took the Series....Now if only the Jayhawks can keep ahold of that #1 ranking and take it all the way I will be a very pleased person.

Also on another note making the Yankees look like the biggest choke artists in playoff history....that is just sweet. Even all the Royals fans out there can admit to that.

Lulu 10 years, 6 months ago

I do not like competitions. We are all winners and should be taught accordingly.

John Kerry is a fan of the Boston Red Sox and I am pleased his team won.

It is a reflection of what will happen November 2. John Kerry will win in a landslide and it will be the most joyous of occasions. His time has come because there is a better way. He has integrity, integrity, integrity. Shrub didn't find the explosives which shows his failed policies in Iraq, thus his lack of integrity. No WMD's, No Al Qaida, Loss of Weapons to terrorists. Strike 3 Shrub. You are outta here!

Carmenilla 10 years, 6 months ago

Yeh, for the Red Sox.....86 years is a looong time!

What has happened to this post? It makes me so sad to see what has happened on this forum. Wasnt this supposed to be somewhat civil and fun? Are we all supposed to roll over and let idiots take over this site? Please hoofy, go away and let the other kids play now.....We're sick of you verbally vomiting all over everyone else. Its so tiresome.

I'm sure I'll catch hell now....Sigh.

tell_it_like_it_is 10 years, 6 months ago

Geez Hoffy I wouldn't talk about mental cases. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black you know? You and Daniels are gonna be awful disappionted when your ex-cheerleader girly man gets booted out of office Tuesday.

Kontum1972 10 years, 6 months ago

....Mental cases...LoL....H_h.....you looked in the mirror lately......? your really down on KU people....considering most of these people make up most of the population here...if it is so horrible ....why dont you move away? there are some really fine people here.....except for you i work with many combat soldiers coming back from IRAQ and they have a number of back to back tours under their belt and they are true Americans..they dont complain...they do what is expected of them......they know ....DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY....all you preach is hatred and scorn ........because you do not even like yourself.

I would be willing to bet you never have read all the U.S. Constitution because there might be just to many big words for you to comprehend, and your limited capacity to understand it.

.....and what if your "boy" doesnt win ...what are you gonna do? Join the Lee Harvey Oswald/Mark David Chapman contigency...and make it right for all of the rest of us and America?

me 10 years, 6 months ago

Baseball is the most boring sport in the world, next to women's basketball and televised bowling.

Madonna condoms rock!

Lulu stop supporting Kerry. It makes me ill that I support the same candidate as you do. Seriously, you flakey twit, go play in traffic or something.

penguin 10 years, 6 months ago

wow now I know why the royals have no fan base. You ask a baseball question to start with and then all the responses are moronic post back and forth that say yah Bush or yah Kerry. At least hoof_hearted tried there for a second...(by going to ESPN.com or yahoo sports to get the Redskins reference and how it has fell in line with presidential elections...I saw that one too....I just found it funny that rookie superstar shawn taylor of the Redskins got busted for DUI this week and will probably not play because of it. On another ironic point if this truly going to have an effect and the Packers assure a Kerry win isnt it odd they are led by Brett Farve a good ol' boy from Louisiana).

Anyone who still thinks baseball is boring after the last few weeks regardless of if you are Red Sox fan or not is nuts. Every game had a story that was compelling. On top of that the winner of Game 6 ALCS and Game 2 WS was pitching on a ankle literally held together by a few threads (funny enough apparently Schilling voted for Bush and said I like the guy and then snubbed them for a campaign appearance today, with Jeb very sad he could not get his cap signed.......can't say I blame the people who showed up in droves I would rather see Curt Schilling come to my town then either Bush or Kerry at this point).

Finally Carmenilla you are right I read this string everyday it seems....why???? Well as Lewis Black might put it because I am an Idiot. I swear about 10 posts in you get the Bush fan club v. the Kerry fan club and neither of them make any sense after 20 posts. I mean I am all for talking about politics, but some of these posts make me think this system of anonymous posting with random insults just gets that person off, because I have never met such random thinking (right or left wing) people in Lawrence, but then again must be too busy posting on here. Oh well. GO SOX

Eric Beightel 10 years, 6 months ago

As a lifelong Red Sox fan, I am truly overjoyed by the occasion, as is the rest of Red Sox Nation. The Curse was real, but it is over. We are back to being just regular fans. The identity of a Sox fan is no longer tied to the failures of the past and the promise of failures in the future. We overcame the worst postseason deficit ever and against the Evil Empire. All is right with the world (except the whole election thing). I have been euphoric since Wednesday night and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Aprill 11 - Red Sox get their rings and hang the banner at Fenway before playing the Yankees. I can hear it now - "Year 2000" clap-clap-clap,clap,clap

mrcairo 10 years, 6 months ago

I'm praying that the REDSKINS lose this Sunday. Please please please lose.

Hi_Jinks 10 years, 6 months ago

You know, that Godzilla thing looks pretty scary!

jonas 10 years, 6 months ago

Hoof-hearted: When you have to declare yourself something, such as the smartest or funniest person, then it means you're probably not.

Grundoon Luna 10 years, 6 months ago

Level of the "master." Please, I haven't even started, really, and I already meet or exceed your level . . . Monster is more like it and I can't think of a more fitting companion for you than that skelator lookin' broad of a Bride of Frankenstein (Babe? You're blind on so many levels!). I know you two will be very happy together. Let us know where to send your gifts.

jonas 10 years, 6 months ago

That's JONAH! JO. . . NAH. But nice try.

Though, not really.

jonas 10 years, 6 months ago

Interesting, it appears they use two different names, then. I was unaware of that. The King James uses Jonah.

Anyone know which is considered correct?

Grundoon Luna 10 years, 6 months ago

I'm Gay? Please, hoofy . . . is that all you got? You are hardy woth my time. Un gata minc (Where's Italian Princess? I'm sure I spelled that wrong. . . )

quietgirl 10 years, 6 months ago

I read this everyday but have never felt compelled to write until now. hoof - you seem to be one of those people who are always laughing at yourself (by yourself) and think you are the funniest guy in the world. You're not. You actually remind me of an annoying ex-boyfriend. Maybe you should stop trying so hard to be funny by being mean and people will actually like you. Also, why doesn't everyone just stay on the topic for the day. Don't we get enough political babble on tv, on the radio and in the newspaper??

Grundoon Luna 10 years, 6 months ago

Wow, hoofy! That was brilliant-NOT! You are so small. I will chant for you to ease your troubled soul. I see how your fear makes you lash out others because deep down you know your man is toast on Tuesday. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Thing are going to get better. The GOP philosophy of if-you-tell-a-lie-often-enough-people-will-believe-it is worn out. We're not going to get discouraged and give up on our guy no matter how loud or mean you are.

mr_daniels 10 years, 6 months ago

Azure_Attitude: Not an original thought coming from that Progressive Socialist Kommunist thinking knucklhead of yours. You Sir are quilty of lying with conviction!

For adults only: www.lucianne.com