Previous   Next

Are you hoping for snow in Lawrence over the holidays?

Asked at Hy-Vee Food & Drug Store, 4000 W. Sixth St. on December 20, 2004

Browse the archives

“Of course. I’ll be in Houston, so I definitely won’t be seeing any snow, but I hope people here get to enjoy it.”

“I’d rather not have any, because too many students have to drive. It always seems like the weather turns icy right as they are leaving.”

“Sure I am. Just as long as people can travel safely. It seems so much more pretty at Christmastime with the snow, more in the Christmas spirit.”

“I don’t care. I’m not traveling anywhere, so it doesn’t matter much to me.”

Comments

ms_canada 9 years, 4 months ago

Hi guys - greetings from the frozen north and it is frozen, brrrrr. We have snow. We had a big wind storm yesterday just at noon. It blew one string of my Christmas lites off of my roof. I'm not kidding. It was freaky. Lot of trees down. I think I'll come to Kansas, this is too much. Anyway, I just wanted to wish you all a very merry and happy and safe Christmas. Don't eat too much turkey and pudding. And especially I wish you all the best for 2005. Let us all pray real hard that the hostilities in Iraq end soon and the troops come home to their loved ones. My best to Badger, Larry, nicegirl, fangorn, bob, mrcairo and all the rest. from ms canada (Lee)

extreme_makeover 9 years, 4 months ago

...closed due to lack of interest.

nicegirl 9 years, 4 months ago

Thanks Haymaker! I had completely forgot about that song and now it's stuck in my head!

Redneckgal 9 years, 4 months ago

Let it snow let it snow let it snow. Just not too much (a couple 2 or 3 inches) and no ice!!

mrcairo 9 years, 4 months ago

I already ordered snow to start Christmas eve a few inches but not enough to cause driving problems and then I ordered temps to rise into the 50's on the 26th and to stay that way until Spring.

I wonder if Don What's his name over at Fox got the message tho. I never heard back from him.

badger 9 years, 4 months ago

I wouldn't mind snow, but I'm not hoping for it. I just hope we have decent weather for New Year's so the cops who have to be out dealing with drunks don't get sleet and ice thrown into the mix. It's scary enough to be out New Year's Eve without dealing with treacherous roads in addition to dangerous drivers. We're going to a party in Kansas City, and have plans to just stay there if the weather's ugly.

Haymaker 9 years, 4 months ago

If Snow comes, I hope he does that "Informer" song.

Bud Fuller 9 years, 4 months ago

Sure it would be nice to have about 6 - 8 inches of the really wet snow that comes straight down in big flaks (no wind).

kns 9 years, 4 months ago

I was under the impression that W. and his band of evil thugs had done away with snow!

lunacydetector 9 years, 4 months ago

No! i want balmy tropical weather for Christmas....maybe in a few thousand years.....