Previous   Next

Do you agree with the Kansas Supreme Court’s decision to rule the state’s death penalty unconstitutional?

Asked at Hastings, 1900 W. 23rd St. on December 18, 2004

Browse the archives

“I do believe that it is unconstitutional. I am against the death penalty in general.”

“Yes, I agree. I don’t think the death penalty should be used anywhere.”

“No, I don’t agree with that. I feel that under certain circumstances, some people should be put to death.”

“I guess it is good to check ourselves on the wording of our laws. I think this will bring up a lot of issues that need to be reconsidered.”

Comments

mrcairo 10 years, 6 months ago

Correct the syntax of the law and then kill 'em all. Hang 'em. Public Hangings.

But make the law clear, require undeniable evidence, and then kill 'em fast.

Jay_Z 10 years, 6 months ago

Hell no, some people commit crimes that are so terrible that the death penalty is an appropriate punishment. Keep the death penalty, but use it wisely.

TWebb 10 years, 6 months ago

If they otherwise will be in prison for the rest of their lives, waiting to die by "rotting in prison" or lethal injection, one is hardly more cruel than the other. However so many people complain about how their tax money is used. I'd rather not use my tax money to keep the scum of the earth alive.

coldsplice 10 years, 6 months ago

Look at the wording of the law! The wording that allows for the application of this punishment is vague at best and in this case, you really ought not be vague. This is killing someone we're talking about.

Au_contraire 10 years, 6 months ago

Give them life in prison. But implement a smoking ban... Ha ha ha ha ha

RickS 10 years, 6 months ago

This ruling will be "fixed" as soon as the ridiculous moderates are kicked to the curb in the Kansas Legislature.

Reginald and Jonathan Carr can rest assured that their detour on the road to the needle will be a short one. These two, who committed racially-motivated hate crimes of most heineous nature imaginable are nothing but insects...deserving of the lethal-injection fly-swatter.

Please don't let Heather Muller, Brad Heyka, Aaron Sander, and Jason Befort be forgotten just because Kansas is temporarily trapped with a silly bunch of liberal (i.e., moderate) idiots.

Go here and get a concious:

Rest in peace Heather, Brad, Aaron and Jason. We won't forget!