Previous   Next

Should doctors be required to report evidence of sexual activity in people younger than 16 to legal authorities?

Asked at Liberty Hall, 642 Mass. on October 8, 2003

Browse the archives

“If a physician has evidence of some kind of sexual abuse, they should turn that over to authorities. But if it’s just a teenager being promiscuous, I don’t think they have a right to invade their privacy.”

“Yes. If you know someone’s doing something illegally, it’s your responsibility to turn it in. There’s a possibility that child is being raped or having sex with someone much older.”

“No. I think it’s jumping the gun going straight to the authorities. I think there needs to be more questioning, or not. It’s probably none of their business.”

“No. ‘Big Brother is watching’ is not a good term anymore. They’re still under the authority of their parents; it should be up to them.”


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.