Previous   Next

If you could choose a fantasy item to get during the holidays, what would it be?

Asked at Borders Books, Music and Cafe, 700 N.H. on October 1, 2003

Browse the archives

“A 1996 LT Ford Corvette — red with red interior.”

“I’d like to go to Paradise Hotel, from the TV show.”

“My own deserted island with a dock and a little beach house.”

Comments

Marion Lynn 6 years, 2 months ago

Pywacket wrote:

"Oh, I don't know: Maybe one of those cute little Chevy T-birds: Or how about a BMW Boxster?!"

Marion writes:

You're kidding, right?

notajayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

thebcman (Anonymous) says:

"today i took three extra trips down 23rd St. just so i could wave at the Liberty Tax guy each time. It's addictive."

Personally I prefer the Liberty Tax gals on Iowa.

Hey, let's start a poll - "Rate that Liberty!"

thebcman 6 years, 2 months ago

mmmm. Uma Thurman ... verrrry nice. 'specially the pulp fiction uma.

Multidisciplinary 6 years, 2 months ago

Stay up until around midnight, the click here's start getting funky about this time. And there are different results for clicking on the same item on different pages. For example OTS on the main ljw.com, is different than when you click on "news" at the top of the page..and so on.

Pywacket 6 years, 2 months ago

Oh, I don't know... Maybe one of those cute little Chevy T-birds... Or how about a BMW Boxster?!

I wouldn't mind a dream vacation, either. A tour of Paris, England, Brussels, France, Madrid, Holland, and London, Italy would be fabulous.

75x55 6 years, 2 months ago

Gretchen - Make it a Shetland, and you have both your wishes.

notajayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

The_Original_Bob (Anonymous) says:

"Wow. Who knows how long this has been going on? Maybe one of these days we'll wake up and find out the Royals won the world series in 2003. It'll probably evoke itself in the form of an OTS question."

Ford will be making Corvettes before that happens.

GretchenJP (Anonymous) says:

"My very own pet dragon."

"Or a pony."

Why not both?

You need something to feed the dragon, after all. ;)

GretchenJP 6 years, 2 months ago

My very own pet dragon.

Or a pony.

jonas 6 years, 2 months ago

You know, cool, in the context of the last number of posts, your in-context answering of the question came across as quite out of context.

The_Original_Bob 6 years, 2 months ago

"Yeah, right. What's next, the Red Sox winning the series?" notajayhawk

notajayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

The_Original_Bob (Anonymous) says:

"We live in heady times now. The time space continuum is a weird mistress. Who knows how warped it has become? Maybe Ford makes Corvettes in this reality?"

Yeah, right. What's next, the Red Sox winning the series?

The_Original_Bob 6 years, 2 months ago

Notajayhawk -

notajayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

I have a question about the LJW's space-time problem here.

Why is it that when these questions reappear from the depths of time, there's no answers from back when it was asked? Is it only the orphaned questions that get condemned to newspaper purgatory, to wander aimlessly until answered, or have all the posters that responded back then been booted?

notajayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

And by the way, when did Ford start making Corvettes?

notajayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

Ditto.

Can we re-word this to "who would it be?"

jonas 6 years, 2 months ago

I'm not sure this is a family friendly question. I know my answer isn't.

thedrawl 6 years, 2 months ago

Unicorn.

OK. Either a unicorn, or several evil spells with which to smite my foes!