Previous   Next

What is your favorite sandwich?

Asked at Java Break on March 5, 2003

Browse the archives

“Patty melt.”

“Probably a turkey sandwich. I like turkey.”

“I like grilled cheese.”

“The Beach Club from Jimmy John’s. It’s so good. If you go at 2 in the morning, the bread is all hot because they just made it. It’s like a salad on a sandwich.”

Comments

BrianR 6 years, 10 months ago

Round Corner Cheese Shoppe has a good bacon, tuna, cheddar.

Sun Dog has a killer brisket.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 6 years, 10 months ago

Now I've gone to inventin' sammiches in mah haid. Hot, fresh batter-fried shrimp, oyster and soft-shelled crab placed on a thin bed of Brie sprinkled with salty fried capers, shredded spinach, thin sliced tomatoes, pancetta slathered with homemade garlic/tarragon mayonnaise. Add tobasco to taste. I'd bite dat!

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

snap writes:

so you own up to being outingbulkerbiz, marioni?

coolmarv 6 years, 10 months ago

I prefer a simple grilled cheese. Swiss on sourdough perhaps or fresh mozzerella on french bread with a little bruchetta. The French Dip is pretty good.

coolmarv 6 years, 10 months ago

Or maybe a BLT with a little mayo, but only if the tomato is of the "home grown" variety.

kristyj 6 years, 10 months ago

"A nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, when the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomato is ripe. They're so perky. I love that." -Miracle Max

Marty_McFly 6 years, 10 months ago

This is getting to be weird...even for me.

wysiwyg69 6 years, 10 months ago

the muff-a-lotta at jasons deli..... the name says it all

hawklet21 6 years, 10 months ago

Whole grain bread, provolone cheese, cucumbers, avocado, tomato, sprouts, green pepper with tuna or turkey.

jonas 6 years, 10 months ago

In general I hate sandwiches. Grilled cheese is alright. The rest of them have too much bread.

Jay Riner 6 years, 10 months ago

I make a Chicken Carbonara sandwich. Sliced grilled chicken breast, bacon, mushrooms and onions sauteed in the bacon grease, minced garlic, grated parmesean with a cheesy alfredo sauce on a toasted hoagie bun. Its not "waistline friendly" but it makes me smile while eating it.

kansas778 6 years, 10 months ago

Take your leftover turkey, shred it, cover in BBQ sauce, and enjoy on white bread.

acg 6 years, 10 months ago

Mr. Goodcents penny club with swiss and cheddar on white, 6 inch with a little (very little mayo) and a little spicy mustard. Mmmmm.

BigPrune 6 years, 10 months ago

My wife prefers a Whopper because she thinks the Big Mac is too fat.

I prefer a single Wendy's Hot & Juicy.

Yummy

Frederic Gutknecht IV 6 years, 10 months ago

It's hard to beat a good BLT or Reuben, but I'm willing to keep trying.

I be likes me a oyster poboy. Hat one in Wellfleet, MA that ruled. Fresh is key, and any fresh seafood is good on a crusty loaf. A muffuletta from Central Grocery 923 Decatur Street in the Big Easy is damn goot, too...'specially if you been drinkin'!~) Laissez les bons temps rouler!

adriennerm 6 years, 10 months ago

toasted wheat bread, miracle whip, scrambled eggs, and bacon. Wrap the sandwich in wax paper or foil and let set for 5 mintues...then enjoy..yummy

Tony Kisner 6 years, 10 months ago

TOB - I believe the retro on the street items are a promo tie in with the movie "Jumpers"?

• Any sandwich that I don't need to make myself. - PBJ please with a big glass of cold milk.

beatrice 6 years, 10 months ago

Preferably fresh, not one left over from five years ago.

I'd go with BLT and French Dip -- oops, its 2003, so I guess we need to call it a "Freedom" Dip.

blue: Nick Danger Spam Sandwich -- classic! But wouldn't it need to have a lot more than just a slice of baloney? Or would it just be Spam served between slices of baloney? Either way, help yourself. I think I'll pass.

otto 6 years, 10 months ago

I consider hot dogs to be a BLT = butts, lips and tongues.

GretchenJP 6 years, 10 months ago

Yellow Sub's green turkey without the sprouts.

I'm hungry.

Marcy McGuffie 6 years, 10 months ago

I can't believe no one ever told me there was a Modern Drunkard magazine.

Can't. Stop. Laughing!!!

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

snap writes:

The last part of Ozymandias reads:

"Nothing beside remains: round the decay Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, The lone and level sands stretch far away"

An excellent metaphor for marioni, I'd say.

trinity 6 years, 10 months ago

peanut butter 'n chocolate chip on nice soft stick to the roof of your mouth fresh white bread, with a large glass of ice cold milk on the side! :) and of course there's the balony&american cheese&potato chips crushed into 'em with mayo on white bread sannie....

just too many! :)

Ceallach 6 years, 10 months ago

Hot Pastrami!!!! I haven't had a decent one since The Hole in the Wall closed :(:(

Atalanta 6 years, 10 months ago

Bacon, muenster, cheddar, mayo, and mustard on toasted rye.

james bush 6 years, 10 months ago

Planetsub near the university wasn't good compared to the one on 23rd St or the one at 21st and Wannamaker in Topeka...the best one!

camper 6 years, 10 months ago

My favorite is called a bread sandwich, not necessarily for taste, but for the ease by which they can be made. All you gotta do is slap two pieces of bread together and pretend there is something in the middle. Though they are kinda dry, they are better if you wash it down with a little lukewarm water from the tap.

camper 6 years, 10 months ago

Multi. Thanks for the advice man! Actually a good sandwich is the ole fried baloney take. Just take a couple of sticks of butter, throw it on a frying pan with a pack oscar meyer, and then move it over to a couple of slices of bread. Guzzle down a litre of dr pepper and then make your way to bed, Flip on the history channel (or the the national geogrphic channel) and fall happily asleep, occasioanly waking to the good parts of the show. Somewhere out there, there is a girl for me. I truly believe this.