Previous   Next

How do you think new head basketball coach Bill Self will fit in at KU?

Asked at Massachusetts Street: on April 22, 2003

Browse the archives

“From what I’ve heard, I think he’s going to be a good coach.”

“I think he will represent the university well and he seems like a good family man. I think he’ll be a good fit.”

“I think he’ll be good. He knows the culture pretty well, so that’ll be good.”

“He seems like a class act and a great coach to follow Roy.”

Comments

thedrawl 6 years, 7 months ago

No, I don't think so. I'd say one or two years, max, before he's booted out.

And do you know why?

It's because the guy can't recruit.

thedrawl 6 years, 7 months ago

I mean: Not well. That is the appropriate answer to the question, "How do you think new head basketball coach Bill Self will fit in at KU?"

Not very well. He will be out before we know it.

Linda Aikins 6 years, 7 months ago

I predict that in 2007-2008, he will start with at least 18 wins, and will have a slam bang season. He will develop a team of stars, not an all-star with his sidekicks.

That's what I think.

geniusmannumber1 6 years, 7 months ago

He'll be arrested for indecent exposure. The charges will be dropped, but no one will ever look at him the same way again.

Tony Kisner 6 years, 7 months ago

Gootsie - any thoughts on how the stock market will perform on say Jan 24 2008?

coolmarv 6 years, 7 months ago

I think he will do pretty good, winning about 80% of the games for the first few seasons. He may find it hard to win some easy games in the NCAA tourney though, at least for a couple years. I think they will start out with at least a 19-0 record in 2007-2008, possibly more. I could be mistaken though.

Linda Aikins 6 years, 7 months ago

Easy, it is going to suck to those of us who are wanting to retire soon, or are already retired. Otherwise, OK! I bet they decide to give us one of those checks that we are supposed to go spend to stir the economy.

Something like that.

coolmarv 6 years, 7 months ago

Nothing like a totally irrelevant post to kill a good time. It was fun while it lasted.