Previous   Next

Should humans be cloned?

Browse the archives

“I don’t see a problem with it because it can help medical science.”

“Absolutely not. Everybody’s an individual and we need to be different.”

“No, because we’re meant to be individuals.”

“I think there are circumstances where it could be appropriate, but it is a highly ethical issue.”

Comments

Shane Garrett 5 years, 2 months ago

Sure as we don't have enough people on this planet already. We could treat clones like cattle and harvest their organs, or make them slaves.

jonas_opines 5 years, 2 months ago

I've always wanted to come in a six-pack. It's a dearly held dream of mine.

Ceallach 5 years, 2 months ago

We seem to have learn nothing from "Multiplicity."

Ceallach 5 years, 2 months ago

The rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated :)

GSWtotheheart 5 years, 2 months ago

has anybody seen a movie with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansen called The Island? Awesome movie...where anybody can commission a clone of themselves. Examples from the movie include a pregnant clone who delivers a baby for the original person, after which the clone is killed. And a pro football player who needs organs. Ewan McGregor's character is a rich playboy who commissions a clone so he can have a new liver when his abused liver gives out. Once the clones have served their purpose, they are killed. interesting...and no, I'm not advocating for clones or that they be used for organ harvesting then killed...

RoeDapple 5 years, 2 months ago

Would that make 2 Sarah Palins twice as HOT???

K_Verses_The_World 5 years, 2 months ago

Well, anybody can be just like me, obviously But then, now again, not too many can be like you, fortunately

Bob Dylan - Absolutely Sweet Marie

jonas_opines 5 years, 2 months ago

GSW, that movie had a great half hour but for the rest of it, for being one long chase scene it was pretty boring.

Ceallach 5 years, 2 months ago

I get along fine with myself -- most of the time. I'm not sure how it would work out having another me around. Although, it would be worth a lot to see the looks on the faces of my children when we both walked into the room :)

Stuart Evans 5 years, 2 months ago

we're possibly the worst animal on the face of the planet. Why in the world would anyone want to clone one of us.

Ceallach 5 years, 2 months ago

Hey Pop! For better or worse, I'm back!! Leaving for the day, I'm tired of fighting PhotoShop and Acrobat!!

All y'all have a great weekend. Rock Chalk!!

Chris Golledge 5 years, 2 months ago

I don't know.

Should twins be allowed? Because a clone of a person would be about the same as if that person had an identical twin, except of different ages.

I guess the tissue donor would be the parent. It'd be a bit odd, but not really that different from, say, a woman having a child from an anonymous sperm donor, or a single man adopting a child. I wouldn't do it, but I could see that some might.

kenny_powers 5 years, 2 months ago

There would be a lot of pressure for me since the fans would want a superstar like me cloned for every team. I know all that babes would demand it as well.

I don't know if it would be fair for the other players though. I'd be cheering on my clones and yellin' at the other players, "Hey, is that all you got...you just got beat by a clone." "You're ...... out!"

On a related story...You know, the KKK might just go for this idea. I'll ask some of my team mates; they don't admit to being members, I have my suspicion.

Peace out!

Chris Golledge 5 years, 2 months ago

Vertigo, funny thing, we had the same questions about a couple of twins when I was in college.

jonas_opines 5 years, 2 months ago

I agree with somedude. Saffron was my favorite.

gccs14r 5 years, 2 months ago

I wouldn't mind cloning some replacement parts, but a whole me? Only if it were mentally blank and my entire existence could be beamed over, leaving the old me mentally blank. It'd have to be the young hot me, too, not the pot-bellied graying me I see in the mirror every morning. Bleah.

Liberty275 5 years, 2 months ago

I want a clone girl about 20 (that won't get old), that knows how to cook and that will speak when spoken to. I will pay good money for it and I might even let my wife boss it around a little when I'm not home. Feel free to use Hilary Duff's DNA.

denak 5 years, 2 months ago

No, because even though you might get the same genetic makeup, you won't get the same person.

You might be able to replicate the 'nature' part but you won't be able to replicate the 'nurture' part no matter how much one tries to control circumstances and thus, you will have another person, with his or her own soul, intelligence, views, etc.

You could try and clone Hitler but he could turn out to be a Rabbi.

Dena:)