Previous   Next

What is your favorite thing about Lawrence?

Browse the archives

“I would say the diversity and the cultural events.”

“I like Mass Street. All the little shops and the atmosphere of it.”

“It’s cool that it’s getting so big and there’s more stuff to do.”

“Probably the people. They all seem to be friendly.”

Comments

trinity 5 years, 8 months ago

that i have a child that lives in lawrence! :)oh, and the IHOP.

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 8 months ago

The town's OK but some of you locals need to get over the whole "oh, how great Lawrence is". Must be that Wizard of Oz thing, there's no place like home. Now say it three times, there's no place like home......

hawklet21 5 years, 8 months ago

I like the people who answer questions from 8 years ago when the flux capacitor is out of whack. That includes me now.

BigAl 5 years, 8 months ago

I like everything about Lawrence: The university, downtown, athletic events, the Lied Center, the great people, the season changes, the closeness to metro-Kansas City and even the whiney people on here (like madmike) that adds to the diversity of Lawrence.

hawkperchmoocher 5 years, 8 months ago

definitely the roundabouts.... :)

coolmom 5 years, 8 months ago

the people for the most part.

Ken Miller 5 years, 8 months ago

Trust me, I've lived on the East and West Coasts, in the South and in Indiana. Lawrence is the best place to raise kids, have fun and generally just enjoy life. I'm glad I am here.

BuffyloGal 5 years, 8 months ago

El Mez and the vegetarian General Tso's chicken at Encore - yum!

kidicarus 5 years, 8 months ago

"madmike (Anonymous) says: Seeing the city limits sign in my rear view mirror!"And yet you continue to post on their paper daily. What a sad existence. Lawrence is a great town.

Nikki May 5 years, 8 months ago

Eight years ago. Wow! I only had one kid and she was LITTLE. Eight years ago I would have gone with the yellosub by campus too. I do still love the yellosub we DO have. And I love Quintons.

gphawk89 5 years, 8 months ago

Joe's Donuts... oops, that's gone. OK, listening to the KU steam whistle... oops, that's not quite what it used to be. OK, then, watching football games from the hill... oops, kind of hard to see through the video board. OK, the Paradise Cafe... oops, that's gone. Well, then, the Yellow Sub on the hill... oops. Well, at least Hawk Week is a lot of fun... oops...

otto 5 years, 8 months ago

The Nazi's in the Douglas county zoning and codes office.

redfred 5 years, 8 months ago

Multi - sounds like you moved to same town we moved to. Can't wait to get back to Lawrence. (Only 590 more days but whose counting)

beatrice 5 years, 8 months ago

Liberty Hall and Free State Brewery. Those would be favorite places anywhere.

Calliope877 5 years, 8 months ago

I love the tree-lined streets of Old West Lawrence and all the beautiful Victorian homes.

BigPrune 5 years, 8 months ago

Good question.......ummm...have to get back with you on that one.

mom_of_three 5 years, 8 months ago

my favorite thing about Lawrence - small town atmosphere with the big University and men's basketball national champions

alm77 5 years, 8 months ago

The really great schools!! Where we lived before we would have had to homeschool or pay for private school. The teachers my kids have had so far are WONDERFUL!!Oh, and The Toy Store. We love the The Toy Store!!

Boston_Corbett 5 years, 8 months ago

seeing Madmikes mirror get smaller and smaller.

deskboy04 5 years, 8 months ago

Riding the T while the rest of you pay for it!

Ronda Miller 5 years, 8 months ago

I love how our local newspaper picks people "at random" and allows them to post blogs about any subject under the sun.We live in a liberal (I am an extremely liberal Republican) community that for the most part is accepting of our mixture of cultures, religions and roundabouts (another word for homeless people).There is also tange.....

SMe 5 years, 8 months ago

Oh how I love theeLet me count the ways.......................................I know I had a reason once. At least I think I did.

TacoBob 5 years, 8 months ago

KJHK - the only radio station on a Mountain! (last word should be all caps)

TheOriginalCA 5 years, 8 months ago

I like that fact that the weird people gravitate to Lawrence so that they don't live where I live.