Live results 924 of 935 precincts reporting / Unofficial results / Precinct breakdown
- Tobias Schlingensiepen DEM 26,671 votes 56.5%
- Lynn Jenkins Incumbent, GOP 18,477 votes 39.2%
- Dennis Hawver LIB 2,024 votes 4.3%
Completed candidate chats
- Tobias Schlingensiepen October 26 at 11 a.m. Read transcript
- Rep. Pompeo: No rape exception in anti-abortion view
- October 24, 2012
- U.S. Rep. Mike Pompeo said he believes abortions should be allowed only when necessary to save the life of the mother, while his Democratic challenger Robert Tillman vows to back abortion rights.
- Jenkins reports huge advantage over Schlingensiepen in latest campaign disclosures
- October 18, 2012
- Republican Rep. Lynn Jenkins continued her advantage in fundraising over her Democratic challenger in the Kansas 2nd District race, according to documents filed this week. Federal campaign reports show Jenkins had nearly $1.4 million in cash on hand as of Oct. 15. By comparison, Topeka pastor Tobias Schlingensiepen reported having $50,400 cash on hand.
- Statue stolen from Schlingensiepen’s church is recovered
- October 11, 2012
- Police say they have recovered a bronze statue stolen from a Topeka church.
- Congressional wealth detailed in Washington Post report
- October 11, 2012
- The Washington Post recently did a special report on the personal wealth of legislators in Congress.
- In the battle over Big Bird, Schlingensiepen defends PBS; Jenkins says taxes shouldn’t be supporting it
- October 4, 2012
- In the battle over the Big Bird vote, Democratic congressional candidate Tobias Schlingensipen said Thursday he would protect federal funding of Sesame Street with his life, but U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Topeka, said she would pull the plug.
- Jenkins says Schlingensiepen should apologize to her for comment
- October 2, 2012
- U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Topeka, on Tuesday said she wanted an apology from Democratic challenger Tobias Schlingensiepen for a comment he made when referring to the influence of money in Congress.
- Schlingensiepen, Jenkins duel over economy, health care and campaign finance
- September 30, 2012
- Democrat Tobias Schlingensiepen and Republican U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins dueled Sunday over campaign finance, health care and the economy in their first face-to-face debate.
- Schlingensiepen criticizes Jenkins for taking money from banks and voting against regulations
- September 26, 2012
- Democratic candidate for the 2nd Congressional District Tobias Schlingensiepen on Wednesday accused incumbent U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Topeka, of taking money from big business interests and doing their bidding.
- Jenkins, Schlingensiepen spar on farm bill
- 10:10 a.m., September 25, 2012 Updated 12:17 p.m.
- A U.S. House candidate from northeastern Kansas is criticizing incumbent Republican Rep. Lynn Jenkins and Congress for failing to act on a new farm bill.
- Tobias Schlingensiepen Democrat Website /
- Lynn Jenkins Republican · Incumbent Website /
- Dennis Hawver Libertarian