Live results 924 of 935 precincts reporting / Unofficial results / Precinct breakdown
- Tobias Schlingensiepen DEM 26,671 votes 56.5%
- Lynn Jenkins Incumbent, GOP 18,477 votes 39.2%
- Dennis Hawver LIB 2,024 votes 4.3%
Completed candidate chats
- Tobias Schlingensiepen October 26 at 11 a.m. Read transcript
- In the battle over Big Bird, Schlingensiepen defends PBS; Jenkins says taxes shouldn’t be supporting it
- October 4, 2012
- In the battle over the Big Bird vote, Democratic congressional candidate Tobias Schlingensipen said Thursday he would protect federal funding of Sesame Street with his life, but U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Topeka, said she would pull the plug.
- Jenkins says Schlingensiepen should apologize to her for comment
- October 2, 2012
- U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Topeka, on Tuesday said she wanted an apology from Democratic challenger Tobias Schlingensiepen for a comment he made when referring to the influence of money in Congress.
- Schlingensiepen, Jenkins duel over economy, health care and campaign finance
- September 30, 2012
- Democrat Tobias Schlingensiepen and Republican U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins dueled Sunday over campaign finance, health care and the economy in their first face-to-face debate.
- Schlingensiepen criticizes Jenkins for taking money from banks and voting against regulations
- September 26, 2012
- Democratic candidate for the 2nd Congressional District Tobias Schlingensiepen on Wednesday accused incumbent U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Topeka, of taking money from big business interests and doing their bidding.
- Jenkins, Schlingensiepen spar on farm bill
- 10:10 a.m., September 25, 2012 Updated 12:17 p.m.
- A U.S. House candidate from northeastern Kansas is criticizing incumbent Republican Rep. Lynn Jenkins and Congress for failing to act on a new farm bill.
- Tobias Schlingensiepen Democrat Website /
- Lynn Jenkins Republican · Incumbent Website /
- Dennis Hawver Libertarian