Live results 3266 of 3315 precincts reporting / Unofficial results / Precinct breakdown
- Derek Schmidt GOP 446,025 votes 55.1%
- Steve Six Incumbent, DEM 340,065 votes 42.0%
- Dennis Hawver LIB 23,785 votes 2.9%
Completed candidate chats
- Steve Six October 20 at 10:30 a.m. Read transcript
- Several candidates file for statewide election
- June 9, 2010
- Several more candidates for statewide offices in Kansas have filed for the Aug. 3 primaries.
- Attorney General Six launches bid to retain his office
- Will hold five rallies over two days
- 07:42 a.m., June 3, 2010 Updated 02:50 p.m.
- Since taking office, Six said his consumer protection division has increased recoveries for consumers by 800 percent, and increased recoveries from Medicaid fraud from $1 million to $17 million.
- AG Six says budget cuts threaten public safety with sex offenders
- April 15, 2010
- Six called on the Legislature to appropriate $270,000 to restore a contract for forensic psychologists who evaluate inmates to determine if they should be considered for parole or continue to be confined under the state’s sexually violent predator program.
- Candidates report fundraising totals in statewide races
- January 12, 2010
- Kansas Attorney General Steve Six reports raising more than $375,000 in 2009 for his re-election campaign.
- Attorney general wants to limit robo-calls
- January 8, 2010
- Unwanted robo-calls would be banned under a measure proposed Friday by Attorney General Steve Six.
- Attorney General candidate wants to allow more cases in small claims court
- Current Senate majority leader expects to press for legislation in the next session
- November 2, 2009
- Kansas Senate Majority Leader Derek Schmidt wants to allow more cases to be settled in small claims court.
- Statehouse Live: H1N1 vaccines due soon in Kansas
- 12:44 p.m., September 30, 2009 Updated 02:51 p.m.
- State officials have ordered swine flu vaccine.
- Kansas Senate majority leader enters race for attorney general
- Drops out of race for secretary of state
- September 16, 2009
- Senate Majority Leader Derek Schmidt announced Wednesday that he’s running for attorney general next year, dropping a campaign for secretary of state after two months.
- Derek Schmidt Republican Bio / Website / Financial Information /
- Steve Six Democrat · Incumbent Bio / Website / Financial Information /
- Dennis Hawver Libertarian Bio / Website /