All precincts reporting / 38,055 total votes / Unofficial results / Precinct breakdown
- Tom Holland DEM 18,445 votes 48.5%
- Roger Pine Incumbent, GOP 17,553 votes 46.1%
- Patrick Wilbur LIB 2,057 votes 5.4%
Completed candidate chats
- Democrats gain in state poll
- June 17, 2008
- In the span of one month, presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain’s lead in Kansas over Democrat Barack Obama has been cut in half, and Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts’ margin over Democrat Jim Slattery also has dropped.
- Douglas County candidates to square off
- June 11, 2008
- Douglas County voters will elect a new majority to the Douglas County Commission this fall, while other holders of countywide elective offices appear poised to return to the Douglas County Courthouse for second terms.After Tuesday’s filing deadline, county voters can look forward to the following races leading up to the Aug. 5 primary and Nov. 4 general elections:
- Slattery is pledging to give Roberts a competitive race
- June 10, 2008
- In his bid to upset U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., Democrat Jim Slattery is promising Kansans the kind of competitive Senate race they haven’t seen in more than three decades.
- Rep. Holland to run for state Senate
- May 20, 2008
- State Rep. Tom Holland, D-Baldwin City, announced he has filed for election to the state Senate.
- Tom Holland Democrat Bio / Financial Information /
- Roger Pine Republican · Incumbent Bio / Financial Information /
- Patrick Wilbur Libertarian Financial Information /