All precincts reporting / 32,529 total votes / Unofficial results / Precinct breakdown
Completed candidate chats
Video: Kansas Senate, District 2
- Rally speakers blast Democratic administration
- Republicans lead charge for states’ rights, and also take opportunity to bash Democrats
- 01:53 p.m., January 15, 2010 Updated 02:12 p.m.
- Rally to support 10th amendment resolution turns into anti-Democratic Party event
- Francisco breezes to re-election in Kansas Senate
- November 4, 2008
- ï»¿State Sen. Marci Francisco, D-Lawrence, on Tuesday easily won re-election to a second four-year term, fending off a challenge from Republican Scott Morgan.
- State Senate races: Kansas Senate District 2
- November 2, 2008
- In the race for Senate District 2, there are wide differences in the policy stances of the two candidates: Republican Scott Morgan and Democrat Marci Francisco. Francisco has consistently voted with Gov. Kathleen Sebelius in opposing two proposed coal-burning power plants in southwest Kansas.
- Non-partisan group criticizes Francisco over ad against Morgan
- Senator says she’ll make a change
- October 28, 2008
- A non-partisan group that provides information for voters has sharply criticized state Sen. Marci Francisco, D-Lawrence, over a campaign ad Francisco has run against her Republican opponent, Scott Morgan.
- Morgan outspending Francisco in Kansas Senate race
- October 28, 2008
- In the race for Senate District 2, Republican challenger Scott Morgan has been outspending incumbent Democratic state Sen. Marci Francisco.
- Slattery calls for new economic stimulus
- October 24, 2008
- Democratic Senate candidate Jim Slattery is calling on Congress to pass a new economic stimulus package that spends money on improving roads, bridges and other infrastructure to stimulate jobs.A spokeswoman for Republican Sen. Pat Roberts said Thursday that when Congress reconvenes next month, Roberts will consider “every option” for improving the economy and will work on a bipartisan plan.
- Candidates to chat online this week
- October 20, 2008
- Eleven candidates running for office in the Nov. 4 general election will chat with LJWorld.com readers this week.
- Dispute erupts over Morgan’s television ads targeting Francisco
- October 17, 2008
- The leading Democrat in the state Senate on Friday said a television campaign ad by Republican Scott Morgan against state Sen. Marci Francisco, D-Lawrence, was inaccurate and should be pulled off the air.
- 2nd District Senate candidates debate coal plants, smoking ban
- September 30, 2008
- Democratic state Sen. Marci Francisco and Republican challenger Scott Morgan disagreed Tuesday on several major issues, including a statewide smoking ban, an increase in the state minimum wage, and coal-burning power plants.
- Senate candidates at odds over votes
- September 29, 2008
- Republican Scott Morgan says state Sen. Marci Francisco, D-Lawrence, has taken the most “pass” votes in the Senate over the past four years. But Francisco said Morgan was trying to mislead voters. “You really should vote,” said Morgan, who faces Francisco in the Nov. 4 election for the 2nd Senate District, which includes most of Lawrence.
- Marci Francisco Democrat · Incumbent Bio / Website / Financial Information /
- Scott Morgan Republican Bio / Website / Financial Information /