All precincts reporting / 14,978 total votes / Unofficial results / Precinct breakdown
Completed candidate chats
Video: Kansas House, District 45
- Robinson announces House candidacy; Sloan will seek re-election
- Former school board member Linda Robinson to seek House seat
- 11:33 a.m., April 13, 2010 Updated 01:09 p.m.
- The 45th District includes west Lawrence and Lecompton.
- State Rep. Sloan wins re-election to House
- November 4, 2008
- State Rep. Tom Sloan, R-Lawrence, on Tuesday survived a campaign-funding onslaught by Gov. Kathleen Sebelius to win re-election to House District 45.
- State House of Representatives races: Kansas House District 45
- November 2, 2008
- The House District 45 race features a veteran lawmaker, Republican Tom Sloan, facing a political newcomer, Democrat John Wilson. And the main issue in the campaign has been the proposed construction of two 700-megawatt coal-fired power plants in southwest Kansas.
- Sebelius’ PAC under fire for mailer against Sloan
- October 30, 2008
- The Bluestem Fund — Gov. Kathleen Sebelius’ political action committee — came under fire Thursday from a non-partisan voter education group for a campaign mailer that slams state Rep. Tom Sloan, R-Lawrence.
- Sloan enjoys substantial cash lead
- October 28, 2008
- Veteran lawmaker state Rep. Tom Sloan, R-Lawrence, has a large lead in campaign cash over Democratic opponent John Wilson in the House District 45 contest. According to campaign finance reports filed Monday, Sloan had $40,247 cash on hand as the Nov. 4 election approached.
- Coal-fired plants still hot topic in House races
- October 21, 2008
- Candidates in two state House district races on Monday clashed over the issue that dominated the last legislative session and will probably re-emerge in the next legislative session: coal-burning power plants.
- Candidates to chat online this week
- October 20, 2008
- Eleven candidates running for office in the Nov. 4 general election will chat with LJWorld.com readers this week.
- Candidate forum is Monday at Free State
- October 19, 2008
- Candidates for the Kansas House and the Kansas State Board of Education will be featured Monday in a forum organized by the local Voter Education Coalition.
- Political forums start next week
- September 28, 2008
- Candidates for federal, state and county positions will take questions at forums starting next week. The events are sponsored by the nonpartisan Voter Education Coalition and are free and open to the public. On Tuesday, candidates for two state Senate seats will participate in a forum at Lawrence High School, 1901 La.
- Tom Sloan Republican · Incumbent Bio / Financial Information /
- John Wilson Democrat Bio / Financial Information /