All precincts reporting / 11,067 total votes / Unofficial results / Precinct breakdown
- Tony Brown DEM 5,426 votes 49.0%
- John Coen GOP 5,037 votes 45.5%
- William Stewart Starks LIB 604 votes 5.5%
Completed candidate chats
- Tony Brown October 21 at 2 p.m. Read transcript
Video: Kansas House, District 10
- Brown wins close election for 10th District Kansas House seat
- November 4, 2008
- It was a close race for the 10th District House of Representatives race, but Tony Brown, D-Baldwin City, pulled out the victory Tuesday night.
- New faces on the ballot in 10th District contest
- October 31, 2008
- Candidates for the 10th District House of Representatives -Tony Brown, D-Baldwin City, and John Coen, R-Baldwin City - cite their backgrounds as reason to vote for them.
- Coal-fired plants still hot topic in House races
- October 21, 2008
- Candidates in two state House district races on Monday clashed over the issue that dominated the last legislative session and will probably re-emerge in the next legislative session: coal-burning power plants.
- Candidate forum is Monday at Free State
- October 19, 2008
- Candidates for the Kansas House and the Kansas State Board of Education will be featured Monday in a forum organized by the local Voter Education Coalition.