Live results 818 of 819 precincts reporting / Unofficial results / Precinct breakdown
- Lynn Jenkins GOP 152,432 votes 50.8%
- Nancy Boyda Incumbent, DEM 137,898 votes 46.0%
- Leslie Martin REF 4,964 votes 1.7%
- Robert Garrard LIB 4,731 votes 1.6%
Completed candidate chats
- Nancy Boyda October 30 at noon Read transcript
- Extra page on ballot could cost thousands
- September 1, 2008
- The number of races and questions on the general election ballot appears to be a double-edged sword for Douglas County Clerk Jamie Shew and election officials. The presidential, congressional, state and county races, plus three Lawrence sales tax questions, should help boost voter turnout. But it also means lots of words on the ballot.
- Challengers keep up in fundraising for races
- August 18, 2008
- Most challengers to area incumbents in state legislative races are holding their own in fundraising as the Nov. 4 general election nears. Republican Scott Morgan, a Lawrence school board member, received more campaign contributions through July 24 in the state Senate race against incumbent Democrat Marci Francisco, a former Lawrence mayor.
- Boyda to speak at chamber event
- August 13, 2008
- U.S. Rep. Nancy Boyda, D-Kan., will be the featured speaker at the Government and Community Affairs Committee’s annual National Delegation series. Boyda will speak and answer questions at 8 a.m. Tuesday at Maceli’s, 1031 N.H.
- Analysis: Jenkins ran more strategic campaign
- August 11, 2008
- Lynn Jenkins owes her Republican primary victory in the U.S. House 2nd District to doubts about her better-financed opponent and a campaign heavy on mailings, meet-and-greet events and an outsider’s message.
- Boyda calls for Jenkins to shun outside boosts
- August 10, 2008
- U.S. Rep. Nancy Boyda, D-Kan., has turned her back on $1.2 million from outside Democratic help, saying she wants to maintain an independent campaign for re-election. “I hope my opponent will join me to demand that these out-of-state groups keep out of Kansas,” Boyda said. Lynn Jenkins, the Republican candidate, declined the offer.
- Jenkins, Boyda kick off campaigns
- August 8, 2008
- Republican Lynn Jenkins and Democratic U.S. Rep. Nancy Boyda on Thursday called for change in Washington as they kicked off their contest against each other to represent Kansas’ 2nd Congressional District.
- Lively Jenkins, Boyda contest expected
- August 7, 2008
- It’s Republican Lynn Jenkins challenging Democratic incumbent U.S. Rep. Nancy Boyda in what may unfold as one of the most competitive congressional races in the country. Boyda, a freshman from Topeka, seeks re-election in a district that four years ago supported President Bush by 59 percent of the vote. The district includes west Lawrence, Topeka, Manhattan and much of southeast Kansas.
- Lawrence politicians back Jenkins
- August 1, 2008
- Lynn Jenkins has won the endorsement of two prominent Lawrence politicians in her effort to win the Republican Party nomination in the 2nd congressional district.
- Ryun, Jenkins battling for GOP bid in 2nd District
- July 31, 2008
- Jim Ryun’s campaign to reclaim the 2nd Congressional District seat harks back to his days as one of the world’s best long-distance runners and the moments after he was tripped in an Olympic qualifying race.His first television ad showed now-famous footage of Ryun finishing that race in 1972 in Munich.
- Lynn Jenkins Republican Bio / Website /
- Nancy Boyda Democrat · Incumbent Bio / Website / Financial Information /
- Leslie Martin Reform
- Robert Garrard Libertarian