All precincts reporting / 231,851 total votes / Unofficial results / Precinct breakdown
- Dennis Moore Incumbent, DEM 149,480 votes 64.5%
- Chuck Ahner GOP 78,446 votes 33.8%
- Robert Conroy REF 3,925 votes 1.7%
Completed candidate chats
Video: U.S. House, 3rd District
- Rep. Moore easily wins fifth term to 3rd District
- November 8, 2006
- Resurgent Democrats won control of the House and challenged the Republicans’ grip on the Senate in midterm elections, riding a powerful wave of public anger over the war in Iraq and scandal at home.
- Political newcomer challenges Moore in 3rd District contest
- October 29, 2006
- Incumbent 3rd District Congressman Dennis Moore, a Lenexa Democrat, has withstood four Republican challenges in a district where Democrats are outnumbered.
- Candidates disclose campaign finances
- October 17, 2006
- U.S. Rep. Jim Ryun, R-Lawrence, and Democratic challenger Nancy Boyda of Topeka matched each other in raising campaign contributions over the past quarter, according to the latest reports on file Monday with the Federal Election Commission.
- Moore, Ahner vie for 3rd District seat
- Democratic incumbent sees change in GOP-heavy region
- October 6, 2006
- Kansas Rep. Dennis Moore is an island of Democratic blue in a sea of red state Republicans.
- Ahner wins right to challenge Moore in 3rd
- GOP challenger is set
- August 2, 2006
- Moore has fended off repeated challengers in recent years.
- Businessman to challenge Moore for Congress
- August 2, 2006
- Businessman Chuck Ahner won a four-man GOP primary Tuesday to face incumbent 3rd District Congressman Dennis Moore, a Democrat, in November.
- Republican candidates to speak at LMH
- July 27, 2006
- Republican candidates vying to face incumbent Democratic Congressman Dennis Moore in the November election will address voters at 7 p.m. today at Lawrence Memorial Hospital’s Conference Room A.
- No Moore Republican challenge?
- In this primary, GOP opts to focus on other elections
- July 26, 2006
- Rep. Dennis Moore may never remove the Republican cross-hairs from his back, but the Kansas Democrat appears to be out of range this election season. In the past, the National Republican Congressional Committee has funneled resources into the heavily Republican 3rd Congressional District of Kansas, which includes an eastern portion of Douglas County and parts of Lawrence.
- Dennis Moore Democrat · Incumbent Bio / Website / Financial Information /
- Chuck Ahner Republican Bio / Website / Financial Information /
- Robert Conroy Reform Website / Financial Information /