Aug. 1 — Primary election
(will reduce field from 8 to 6)
Nov. 7 — General election
More information on advance ballots and polling places: Douglas County elections website
More on key issues and meetings: LJWorld.com City Commission coverage
- Special feature
- A look at campaign donations received by Lawrence City Commission candidates
- July 27, 2017
- This is the first year for a City Commission primary in August, and interest has been lackluster. Candidates recently were required to turn in reports detailing their campaign contributions thus far, and those show lackluster interest as well. But it also shows that three candidates are in the lead when it comes to raising money, which many times can be a good indicator of who has momentum with voters.
More 2017 Lawrence City Commission election
- Incumbents lead the pack in Lawrence City Commission primary; Easthouse, Lyche eliminated
- 07:30 p.m., August 1, 2017 Updated 11:30 p.m.
- In the Tuesday primary election for the Lawrence City Commission, incumbents Lisa Larsen and Matthew Herbert easily earned the right to move on to the November general election.
- Midafternoon update shows only 6.5 percent voter turnout in Lawrence City Commission primary
- August 1, 2017
- About 6.5 percent of eligible voters have cast ballots in today’s Douglas County Commission primary, according to a midafternoon update from the Douglas County Clerk’s office.