- Amyx, Farmer, Riordan win election to Lawrence City Commission
- April 2, 2013
- Incumbent Mike Amyx and political newcomer Jeremy Farmer both won relatively easy City Commission victories on Tuesday, but Lawrence physician Terry Riordan had to wait until the final ballots were counted to win a seat on the commission, thwarting what would have been a historic victory by sixth-place primary finisher Leslie Soden — a staunch critic of the recreation center proposal. By Chad Lawhorn • School bond issue sails to passage • Vote roundup • Voter turnout at 16 percent, up slightly from 2011 totals
The Election at a GlanceThe spring general election is April 2, voting for commissioners, school board members and the school bond issues. For a complete list, click here.
For more information, visit Douglas County's elections website.
More 2013 City Commissioner election
- Some Lawrence school board candidates say they can make time commitment, would support further equity effort
- September 16, 2017
- At a Saturday candidate forum, four of those running for the Lawrence school board either said in person or through a written response that they would make the time commitment necessary to serve on the board.
- Racial disparities, transparency among issues discussed at school board candidate forum
- August 11, 2017
- Racial disparities, police officers in schools and concerns over transparency were among the issues discussed at a forum Thursday for Lawrence school board candidates. As part of the event, hosted by the local NAACP, school board hopefuls fielded prepared questions submitted by NAACP members. Much of the hour was devoted to the district’s ongoing equity issues, along with the lack of trust, as more than one candidate described it, harbored by some in the community toward the current board.
- Incumbents lead the pack in Lawrence City Commission primary; Easthouse, Lyche eliminated
- 07:30 p.m., August 1, 2017 Updated 11:30 p.m.
- In the Tuesday primary election for the Lawrence City Commission, incumbents Lisa Larsen and Matthew Herbert easily earned the right to move on to the November general election.
- Midafternoon update shows only 6.5 percent voter turnout in Lawrence City Commission primary
- August 1, 2017
- About 6.5 percent of eligible voters have cast ballots in today’s Douglas County Commission primary, according to a midafternoon update from the Douglas County Clerk’s office.
- Lawrence City Commission candidate profile: Dustin Stumblingbear
- July 27, 2017
- The dais at City Hall may be a far cry from combat zones in Iraq, but army veteran and Lawrence City Commission candidate Dustin Stumblingbear said it requires the same mental flexibility.
- Lawrence City Commission candidate profile: Christian Lyche
- July 26, 2017
- Being decades younger than some of his fellow Lawrence City Commission candidates doesn’t discourage Christian Lyche.
- Lawrence City Commission candidate profile: Lisa Larsen
- July 25, 2017
- Toward the beginning of her career, candidate and incumbent Lawrence City Commissioner Lisa Larsen had two things she wanted to do.
- Lawrence City Commission candidate profile: Matthew Herbert
- July 24, 2017
- Candidate and incumbent Lawrence City Commissioner Matthew Herbert is no stranger to voting against the grain, but he hopes people have noticed more than that.
- Lawrence City Commission candidate profile: Ken Easthouse
- July 21, 2017
- Since unsuccessfully vying for a vacated seat on the Lawrence City Commission two years ago, commission candidate Ken Easthouse has become a regular at City Hall.