Lawrence City Commission agenda set for Oct. 9 work session
1. Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
2. Approve all claims. The list of claims will be posted by the Finance Department on Monday prior to the meeting. If Monday is a holiday, the claims will be posted as soon as possible the next business day.
3. Approve appointments as recommended by the Mayor.
4. Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 9567, establishing capital improvement funds and providing for the budgeted transfer from other city funds lawfully available for improvement purposes to the capital improvement funds.
Work session agenda
1. Discussion on the sale of tobacco to individuals under the age of 21.
2. Discussion on reducing penalties for the possession of marijuana.
The City Commission will convene at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 6 E. Sixth St.