- Kids will use public locations as canvas for colorful guerrilla art creations
- March 21, 2012
- On a small, red rock, 10-year-old Zianna Baumgartner painted a face with a mustache and glasses. But where this unique piece of art would be displayed had yet to be determined. “I was thinking of maybe in a tree, so it’s looking down at you,” Zianna said. Welcome to the world of guerrilla art, where public spaces are the canvas.
Latest Photo Gallery
Images from the Dear Lawrence photo project
July 2012 update: We're once again accepting photos for the Dear Lawrence project. Scroll down to see some of the new additions. <br /> <br /> Members of our photography staff, local photographers and all of you are invited to participate in our Dear Lawrence Community photo project. These are some of the great photos we've received so far, but there's still time to participate. Get out your old photos and your cameras and start submitting. You can do it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by posting a photo on our Facebook page wall at Facebook.com/LJWorld, or submitting an image at <a href="ljworld.com/dearlawrence">ljworld.com/dearlawrence</a>.
- Lawrence Creates Makerspace to celebrate new solar power awning during Final Friday
- September 21, 2014
- Lawrence Creates Makerspace, 512 E. 9th St., will be combining art with science at “Art Under the Awning” at the building during Final Friday this week in celebration of its new solar power awning.
- Robin Williams dead at 63
- August 11, 2014
- Robin Williams, the Academy Award winner and comic supernova whose explosions of pop culture riffs and impressions dazzled audiences for decades and made him a gleamy-eyed laureate for the Information Age, died Monday in an apparent suicide. He was 63.