- Kids will use public locations as canvas for colorful guerrilla art creations
- March 21, 2012
- On a small, red rock, 10-year-old Zianna Baumgartner painted a face with a mustache and glasses. But where this unique piece of art would be displayed had yet to be determined. “I was thinking of maybe in a tree, so it’s looking down at you,” Zianna said. Welcome to the world of guerrilla art, where public spaces are the canvas.
Latest Photo Gallery
Images from the Dear Lawrence photo project
July 2012 update: We're once again accepting photos for the Dear Lawrence project. Scroll down to see some of the new additions. <br /> <br /> Members of our photography staff, local photographers and all of you are invited to participate in our Dear Lawrence Community photo project. These are some of the great photos we've received so far, but there's still time to participate. Get out your old photos and your cameras and start submitting. You can do it via email to email@example.com, by posting a photo on our Facebook page wall at Facebook.com/LJWorld, or submitting an image at <a href="ljworld.com/dearlawrence">ljworld.com/dearlawrence</a>.
- Ninth Street corridor proposal is finalist for national arts grant
- March 10, 2014
- The Lawrence Arts Center is, for the second year, a finalist for a major national grant that would fund a so-called creative placemaking project in Lawrence. The Arts Center announced Monday that its $500,000 proposal — “Free State Connection: The 9th Street Corridor Project” — was among 97 finalists for this year’s ArtPlace America grants. By Sara Shepherd
- Think you can beat the critic? Make your picks in our Oscar contest
- February 17, 2014
- The 86th Academy Awards are coming up quickly, and this year Lawrence.com and Liberty Hall have teamed up to bring you an Oscar contest that could win you free passes to movies, concessions and free movie rentals.