The Lawrence Parks and Recreation Department is offering a series of free fitness classes this week as part of a “try before you buy” demonstration series.
Classes will be held at Sports Pavilion Lawrence, 100 Rock Chalk Lane; Holcom Park Recreation Center, 2700 W. 27th St.; and the Community Building, 115 W. Eleventh St.
According to an LPRD news release:
• Power Ride, a full-body cardiovascular workout, will be held 4:30-5:15 p.m. Monday at the Community Building.
• Cardio Cycle will be held from 5:30-6:25 p.m. Monday at the Community Building.
• A Kickboxing demonstration class, combining aerobics, boxing, martial arts and hip-hop, will be held 5:45-6:40 p.m. Monday at HPRC and 5:45-6:50 p.m. Tuesday at SPL.
• A Pound demonstration class — a "full-body jam session" — will be held 6:10-6:55 p.m. Monday, 6:45-7:15 p.m. Tuesday and 5:45-6:40 p.m. Wednesday at SPL.
• Pilates Fusion, which promotes flexibility, balance and strength, will be held from 10-10:45 a.m. Tuesday at the Community Building.
• Pedal Pushers, which improves cardiovascular endurance as well as muscular strength, will be held 11-11:45 a.m. Tuesday at the Community Building.
• A Power Sculpt demonstration will be held from 5:45-6:40 p.m. Thursday at SPL.
• Core Express will "awaken the deep abdominal muscles" from 6:45-7:15 p.m. Thursday at SPL.
• PiYo combines Pilates with the movements of yoga from 8:30-9:20 a.m. Friday at SPL.
No preregistration is required, but classes will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis and equipment may limit some classes.
To see what classes are available this winter, visit the online version of the LPRD’s 2018 Winter and Spring Activities Guide at lawrenceks.org/lprd.
For more information, contact Jo Ellis, LPRD recreation instruction supervisor, at 785-330-7355.