Lawrence City Commission agenda set for Oct. 4 meeting
• Approve City Commission meeting minutes from 09/20/16.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions
• Approve all claims. The list of claims will be posted by the Finance Department on Monday prior to the meeting. If Monday is a holiday, the claims will be posted as soon as possible the next business day.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
• Approve appointments as recommended by the Mayor.
• Bid and purchase items:
a) Set a bid date of October 25, 2016 for Bid No. B1635 for the 2017 Water and Wastewater Treatment Chemicals.
b) Approve scope and design fee for Project No. PW1505 – Kasold Drive Reconstruction, to CFS Engineers, in the amount of $383,800.
c) Authorize the City Manager to execute Change Order No. 3 with Crossland Heavy Contractors for the Clinton Water Treatment Plant Phase 1 Improvements Project No. UT1209, increasing the construction contract by $73,610.00 and 85 days.
d) Authorize the City Manager to approve the lease agreement with Roger Kitsmiller for the farm ground at the Kansas River Wastewater Treatment Plant in the amount of $4,256 annual revenue to the City.
• Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 9296, for a Text Amendment (TA-16-00335) to the City of Lawrence, Kansas, Land Development Code, amending Chapter 20, Article 4, Sections 20-402 and 20-403, Article 5, Section 20-529, and Article 17, Section 20-1768, pertaining to Wireless Facilities, in order to bring the City into compliance with new state law, effective October, 2016, and federal regulations. Initiated by the City Commission on 8/16/16. (PC Item 3; approved 9-0 on 9/26/16).
• Adopt on second and final reading, the following ordinances:
a) Ordinance No. 9290, establishing No Parking along the south side of Kresge Road, west of Iowa Street.
b) Ordinance No. 9291, amending the City of Lawrence Code, Chapter 20, Article 5, Section 502, pertaining to Large Animal Agriculture, and repealing existing Section 20-502.
c) Ordinance No. 9293, which supersedes Ordinance No. 8258 to enable indefinite deferral of special assessments in this case (EHBP).
• Adopt Resolution No. 7171, authorizing the Assistant City Manager, Finance Director, Senior Accountant, and Accountant to access the City of Lawrence Municipal Investment Pool account.
• Authorize the City Manager to modify a contract with Paymentus Corporation for the purpose of moving to an absorbed model for credit card processing fees for the City.
• Authorize the City Manager to execute the necessary agreements with Cigna Healthcare to provide stop-loss coverage at the current levels for the City’s Employee Healthcare Plan for 2017 with a total annual premium of $1,026,997.
• Authorize the Mayor to execute a pedestrian agreement with SNH CHS Properties Trust for sidewalk construction associated with the Bob Billings Parkway Corridor project, in the amount of $700.00.
Receive public comment of a general nature
Regular Agenda items
• Consider authorizing the City Manager to negotiate and execute a six month agreement with a possible six month extension, with the National Development Council to complete economic development analysis and affordable housing consulting services, for a retainer amount of $6,150 monthly.
• Authorize the City Manager to negotiate and execute a six month agreement with a possible six month extension, with the National Development Council to complete economic development analysis and affordable housing consulting services, for a retainer amount of $6,150 monthly, if appropriate.
• Consider motion to recess into executive session for approximately 30 minutes for the purpose of discussing non-elected personnel. The justification for the executive session is to keep non-elected personnel matters confidential at this time. The City Commission will resume its regular meeting in the City Commission Room at the conclusion of the executive session.
• Action: Approve motion to recess into executive session for approximately 30 minutes for the purpose of discussing non-elected personnel, if appropriate.