• Because of the renovation and expansion of the Lawrence Public Library, there are intermittent closures of the street in the 700 block of Vermont or Kentucky when crews need to unload materials for construction.
• The City of Lawrence utilities department is working on a water main on Maple Lane from E 19th Street to E 21st Street. There will be no parking and road closed to through traffic, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Because of a road closure in the 900 block of New Hampshire Street, a public transit route (7) is being detoured as follows: Southbound on New Hampshire to Ninth, left on Ninth, right on Connecticut, right on 11th, left on Massachusetts and back to the normal route. The closure is expected to last through March.
• Traffic signals are now in place at the K-10 and U.S. 40/6th Street Interchange in west Lawrence. On Thursday, Feb. 6, weather permitting, the traffic signals will be turned on to a flashing mode, yellow for U.S. 40/6th Street through traffic and red for all K-10 traffic. The lights will flash for 48 hours prior to becoming fully operational (red/yellow/green function). The project completion date has been moved to mid-February.
South Lawrence Trafficway
• In December, a three-year construction project began to complete the six-mile, four-lane Kansas Highway 10/South Lawrence Trafficway freeway. The project will move existing K-10 onto a new alignment that will begin at the south junction of the U.S. 59 and K-10 interchange and reconnect with existing K-10 in East Lawrence. Construction work on the project will be completed in phases. Each phase includes specific work and advance notification will be sent under separate cover for each phase of construction, including planned traffic impacts. The overall scheduled completion date for the project is Fall 2016.
Northbound and southbound E 1750 Road from N 1360 Road to 35th Street/N 1250 Road in Lawrence will be closed, 24/7, for bridge embankment through Spring 2015, weather permitting.
Eastbound and westbound 35th Street from Iowa Street to the Baker Wetlands Visitor Center and 31st Street from E 1700 Road to E 1750 Road in Lawrence will be closed, 24/7 for box culvert construction work through mid-May 2014, weather permitting.
Eastbound and westbound 31st Street from E 1700 Road to E 1750 Road in Lawrence will also be closed 24/7 for box culvert construction work through Spring 2015, weather permitting.
No marked detours will be provided. Drivers should expect minor delays and must use alternate routes during the roadway closures.
Northbound and southbound Haskell Avenue from 27th Street to 29th Street will be closed 24/7 for utility work, box culvert installation and reconstruction work until Spring 2015.