Lawrence High School was evacuated this morning after a possible structure fire was reported there, but by 11 a.m. students were allowed back into the building and Superintendent Rick Doll released a statement saying there had been no fire.
Students were evacuated to the stadium, but initial investigations by school staff and the fire department revealed a faulty smoke detector in the auditorium was the cause of the alarm. Students have returned to the building. Doll said the normal lunch schedule will be followed.
Emergency personnel were dispatched shortly before 10:30 a.m.