Commissioners will consider approving $4.6 million in bonds for construction of a 31st Street extension, east of Haskell Avenue.
The 31st Street project will extend the street from Haskell to O'Connell Road. The project will be built as part of the South Lawrence Trafficway construction.
• Proclaim Tuesday, October 22, 2013, as Lights on Afterschool!
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions:
• Approve all claims. The list of approved claims will be posted to the agenda the day after the City Commission meeting.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Award the purchase and installation of 184 street trees for the 2013 Master Street Tree Project to Rosehill Gardens, at a total price of $42,150. Bid Memo.
b) Award bid for the wall restoration phase of the Carnegie Building Roof Repair Project to MTS Contracting for $312,500 and authorize the City Manager to sign a contract for $112,500 to complete Phases 1 and 2.
c) Authorize the City Manager to execute an Engineering Services Agreement with Landplan Engineering for design phase engineering services in the amount of $58,189.50 for project UT1210CS, K-10 and Bob Billings Parkway Sanitary Sewer Relocations and approve KDOT Utility Agreement No. 006142011.
• Adopt on first reading Ordinance No. 8921, amending the Contractor Licensing Regulations in Chapter V, Article 15, Section 5-1513 to correct an error in the Section number; add Section 5-1512.1 to create a Class L Limited Specialty Contractor category; and amend Section 5-1515 to establish parameters under which a Class L Limited Contractor License may be issued.
• Adopt the following ordinances on second and final reading:
a.) Joint City Ordinance No. 8910/County Resolution No. , for Comprehensive Plan Amendment, CPA-13-00272, to Horizon 2020, Chapter 8-Transportation, to incorporate the Goals, Objectives and Strategies in the new T2040 Metropolitan Transportation Plan.
b.) Ordinance No. 8917, to rezone (Z-13-00319) approximately 4.767 acres, including right-of-way, from UR (Urban Reserve) District to CO (Office Commercial) District, located at 4930 Overland Drive and 450 Wakarusa Drive.
c.) Ordinance No. 8918, to rezone (Z-13-00288) approximately 2.119 acres from RS7 (Single-Dwelling Residential) District to RM12 (Multi-Dwelling Residential) District, located at 2518 Ridge Court.
d.) Ordinance No. 8919, to rezone (Z-13-00286) approximately 1.3 acres from IG (General Industrial) District to RM32-PD Overlay (Multi-Dwelling Residential with PD Overlay) District, located at 900 Delaware St.
e.) Ordinance No. 8922, amending the 2013 City of Lawrence Operating and Capital Improvement Budget.
f.) Ordinance No. 8923, changing street name from ‘Franklin Park Circle’ to ‘Franklin Park Court’.
g.) Ordinance No. 8924, annexing 8.68 acres located at the northwest corner of 31st Street and Louisiana into the city limits.
h.) Ordinance No. 8862, authorizing the issuance of $40 million in industrial revenue bonds for the Kansas Athletics portion of the Rock Chalk Park project.
• Adopt Resolution No. 7046, establishing a public hearing on the establishment of a Benefit District for street and watermain improvements for Lawrence VenturePark, Project No. PW1224, on November 5, 2013.
• Receive Consent to Annex from RCH, LLC, and authorize Mayor to execute Annexation Agreement with RCH, LLC, owner of record of that real property related to Site Plan, SP-13-00328, for DuPont Pioneer Addition, located at 1451 N. 1823 Road.
• Approve the City of Lawrence Investment Policy for 2013.
• Authorize the City Manager to execute the necessary agreements with ING to provide stop-loss coverage at the current levels for the City’s Employee Healthcare Plan for 2014 for $916,110; and with Cigna for interface fees for $14,580.
• Receive request to amend the City Code to allow licensed Master Falconers to own and possess federally protected raptors within the city limits; refer to staff for a report.
• Authorize the Mayor to sign a Release of Mortgage for Homer E. Laughlin and Helen M. Laughlin, 2201 Rhode Island Street.
• Receive city manager’s report.
• Receive a request to amend Administrative Policy AP-79, to allow yard parking at 808 Maine Street on University of Kansas home football game days.
• Consider authorizing the City Manager to sign a purchase order for a supplemental agreement with Landplan Engineering for professional services in the amount of $10,000 for plan revisions to construct a 10’ multiuse path, Project Number PW1135, 6th and Iowa Street Intersection, Geometric Improvements, Westbound Turn Lane.
• Consider adopting Resolution No. 7047, authorizing the issuance of bonds in the amount of $4.6 million for the construction of 31st Street from Haskell Avenue to O’Connell Road and consider authorizing the Mayor to sign the Authority to Award Contract, commitment of City funds for the 31st Street project 23 U-2117-01 to Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc.