Officials with the Community Health Program at the Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department will present an update of the Community Health Assessment.
Group members will go over details of its "Roadmap to a Healthier Douglas County" report. The report lists the top five health priorities for the community. They are: access to healthy foods; improved usage of mental health services; access to basic health services and health insurance; increased physical activity; and a reduction in poverty and an increase in jobs.
• Approve City Commission meeting minutes from Nov. 19.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions:
• Approve all claims. The list of approved claims will be posted to the agenda the day after the City Commission meeting.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Award bid for the lease of one Ford Explorer, current model year, and all-wheel drive pursuit rated equipped with special police package on a three-year lease from Shawnee Mission Ford in the amount of $10,388.26 per year, or a total of $31,164.78.
• Adopt on second and final reading, the following ordinances:
a.) Ordinance No. 8926, which repeals Ordinance No. 8285 (annexation) and Ordinance No. 8350 (rezoning), for the 155 acre tract, near the K-10 and N 1800 Road intersection. Ordinance No. 8926 conforms the City’s ordinances to the appellate court decisions invalidating the earlier annexation and rezoning ordinances
b.) Ordinance No. 8940, removing redundant inspection requirements related to Cereal Malt Beverage licenses.
c.) Ordinance No. 8942, permitting raptors to be owned within City limits.
d.) Ordinance No. 8943, condemning certain property interests as authorized by Resolution No. 7050 required for the 23rd Street and Iowa intersection improvement project.
• Approve rezoning, Z-13-00401, approximately 1.95 acres from IG (General Industrial) District to CS (Strip Commercial) District, located at 1360, 1380, 1400, and 1410 N. 3rd St. Submitted by Colliers International, for Evenshar, LLC., property owner of record. Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 8944, to rezone (Z-13-00401) approximately 1.95 acres from IG (General Industrial) District to CS (Strip Commercial) District, located at 1360, 1380, 1400, and 1410 N. 3rd St. (PC Item 1; approved 9-0 on Nov. 18)
• Approve annexation, A-13-00291, of approximately 10.684 acres, located at 1338 E 1600 Road. Submitted by Grob Engineering Services, LLC., for Going South, LLC., property owner of record.
• Approve rezoning, Z-13-00290, approximately 10.684 acres from County A (Agricultural) District to RM15 (Multi-Dwelling Residential) District, located at 1338 E 1600 Road. Submitted by Grob Engineering Services, LLC., for Going South, LLC., property owner of record.
• Accept dedications and vacation of easements and rights-of-way associated with Final Plat, PF-13-00428, for 9 Del Lofts Addition, a 1 lot subdivision of approximately 1.3 acres, located at 900 Delaware Street. Submitted by Bartlett & West Inc. for Provident Family, LP, property owner of record.
• Concur with the following recommendations of the Traffic Safety Commission:
a.) To approve extending the test period for resident parking only on Edgehill Road for 90 days (TSC item #2; approved 8-0 on Nov. 4).
b) To establish No Parking 7am–6pm Monday–Friday along the south side of Overland Drive from Champion Lane and provide sufficient sight distance where appropriate, east 1,225 feet and adopt on first reading Ordinance No. 8947, establishing the No Parking zone if appropriate.
c.) Deny the request to construct a Traffic Signal at the intersection of Bob Billings Parkway and Stone Meadows Drive.
d.) To approve Traffic Calming on Vermont Street between 21st Street and 23rd Street.
e) To approve Traffic Calming on Lawrence Avenue between 27th Street and 31st Street.
• Authorize the Mayor to execute City/State Agreement No. 272-13 with the Kansas Department of Transportation for inspection services for the 31st Street, Haskell Avenue to O’Connell Road. Street, storm sewer and waterline improvements.
• Authorize the Mayor to execute a loan agreement between the City of Lawrence and Lawrence Community Shelter in the amount of $725,000 plus interest.
• Authorize the Mayor to sign a Subordination Agreement for Diane M. Bucia Trybom, 333 Johnson Ave.
• Receive city manager's report.
• Receive presentation of Community Health Assessment by Community Health Plan Steering Committee.
• Consider adopting on first reading, Ordinance No. 8840, expanding the rental licensing program to all rental units in the city with certain exceptions noted.