Advertisement

Archive for Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Smoking led to apartment fire near downtown, authorities say

November 27, 2013

Advertisement

Improper disposal of smoking materials caused an apartment fire late Tuesday evening, Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical determined.

Division Chief Eve Tolefree said the fire, which occurred shortly after 11 p.m. at 922 Kentucky St., caused $1,100 in damage.

Journal-World news partner Operation 100 reported that Lawrence police arrived at the apartment about 90 seconds after the call was dispatched. Firefighters extinguished the fire in about five minutes.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.