City commissioners will consider authorizing a revised version of at development agreement overseeing construction of the Rock Chalk Park recreation center and associated infrastructure in northwest Lawrence.
The commission previously approved a development agreement earlier this year. But since that time, Bill Self’s Assists Foundation has offered a $2 million donation to help reduce the city’s expenses on the public-private project. New bids for the recreation center portion center of the project also have come in, reducing the amount of money the city will have to pay for the project. The new agreement will reflect that the city’s maximum costs for the project will be $22.5 million, down from a previous maximum of $25 million.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions:
• Approve all claims.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
• Approve appointments as recommended by the Mayor.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Set bid date of July 16, 2013 for City Bid No. B1343, Project PW1309, Sixth Street and George Williams Way Signal Improvements and adopt Resolution No. 7027, authorizing issuance of $250,000 in general obligation bonds for improvements on Sixth Street and George Williams Way.
b.) Set bid date of July 16, 2013 for City Bid No. B1345, Project PW1227, Dillons Store No. 98, Traffic Control Project.
c.) Award bid for Bid Number B1335, Projects UT1201 – 2012 to 2015 Electrical Improvements Program and UT1202 - 2012 Mechanical Improvements Program Contract 2, to Garney Companies Inc. for $1,115,000 and authorize the City Manager to execute the contract.
d.) Authorize the City Manager to execute an engineering services agreement with Professional Engineering Consultants for design phase engineering services in the amount of $46,525 for project UT1308DS, North Iowa Waterline Replacement.
e.) Authorize the City Manager to execute an engineering services agreement with Professional Engineering Consultants for design phase engineering services in the amount of $86,833 for project UT1309DS, 23rd Street Waterline Replacement, Phases I and III.
f.) Approve the purchase of a new stump grinding machine for the Parks & Recreation Department off a cooperative purchasing agreement with the National Joint Powers Alliance from Vermeer Great Plains for $42,705.
• Adopt Resolution No. 7028, authorizing the Mayor to sign the application and related grant documents for the 2013 Emergency Solutions Grant (formerly known as Emergency Shelter Grant) from the State of Kansas. 50/50 match funds are provided by partner donations and in-kind contributions.
• Authorize staff to execute revised Agreement for Use of City Special Alcohol Funds with Heartland Community Health Center.
• Authorize staff to provide support to proposed historic research and signage project on the Burroughs Creek Trail and Haskell Rail Trail.
• Receive city manager’s report.
• Conduct public hearing to consider the vacation of a pedestrian easement at 900 New Hampshire St., Original Townsite, Lots 70, 72, 74, 76, and 78 as requested by property owner 900 New Hampshire LLC, pending commission approval of the site plan.
• Consider authorizing the Mayor to execute the revised Development Agreement for the Rock Chalk Park development and consider authorizing staff to execute all other necessary documents and items related to the document.
• Consider authorizing the City Manager to execute an Engineering Services Agreement, in the amount of $1,228,934, with TREKK Design Group LLC for Project UT1305 - Rapid Inflow and Infiltration Reduction.