City commissioners will consider a host of rezoning requests for a proposed residential development near site of the Rock Chalk Park sports complex.
The project, which is being proposed by Lawrence developer Tim Stultz, is slated for property near the northwest corner of Queens Road and Overland Drive. Plans call for 21.5 acres of RS7 single family residential housing, 3.3 acres of RS-5 smaller-lot single-family housing, and 15.8 acres of RM 12 multifamily apartment housing.
4 p.m. Study Session
•City Commission study session on the City Manager’s 2014 Recommended Budget.
6:35 p.m. City Commission Meeting
• Proclaim the month of July as Parks and Recreation Month.
• Approve City Commission meeting minutes from June 11 and June 18.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions:
• Approve all claims.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Award Bid No. B1340 to paint the indoor aquatic center pool for the Parks & Recreation Department to the low bidder, J.F. McGivern Inc., for $48,890.
b.) Approve purchase of software licenses off the State of Kansas Contract from SHI for the Police Department for a total of $20,024.
c.) Approve request for one-time general fund allocation in the amount of $25,000 to Just Food Inc. for purchase of Refrigerated Box Truck.
• Adopt Resolution No. 7029, authorizing the issuance of general obligation bonds for the purchase of equipment for the curbside recycling program.
• Approve rezoning, Z-13-00145, approximately 46 acres located south of the intersection of East 25th Street & Franklin Park Circle from PID (Planned Industrial Development) District to IG (General Industrial) District. Submitted by Bartlett & West, for Douglas County Board of Commissioners, property owner of record.
• Receive request for changes to the City of Lawrence Code, Chapter V, Article 18, regarding signs; refer to the Sign Code Board of Appeals for recommendations.
• Approve a Temporary Use of Public Right-of-Way Permit allowing the closure of the 100 block of East Eighth Street from 1:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 3, 2013, for the Homecoming Pep Rally, and adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 8885, allowing the possession and consumption of alcohol on the 100 block of East Eighth Street during the event.
• Receive city manager’s report.
• Consider the following items for the new hotel/retail development at 900 New Hampshire Street:
a) Site Plan SP-12-00278 including building elevations;
b) License Agreement for use of a portion of the City’s Right of Way; and
c) Construction Traffic Control Plan.
• Consider the following items related to Langston Commons, generally located on the northwest corner of Queens Road and Overland Drive:
a.) Consider rezoning, Z-13-00149, approximately 21.54 acres from UR (Urban Reserve) District to RS7 (Single-Dwelling Residential).
b.) Consider rezoning, Z-13-00165, approximately 3.34 acres from UR (Urban Reserve) District to RS5 (Single-Dwelling Residential),
c.) Consider rezoning, Z-13-00166, approximately 15.89 acres from UR (Urban Reserve) District to RM12 (Multi-Dwelling Residential).
• Consider authorizing publication of the 2014 Budget Summary and establishing July 23 as the public hearing date. This establishes the maximum budget authority and property tax mill levy for the 2014 budget.