Kansas University soccer on Thursday announced the signing of five players to letters of intent.
They are: Maddie Dobyns (Kansas City, Mo.), Tayler Estrada (Bentonville, Ark.), Jackie Georgoulis (Arlington Heights, Ill.), Ashley Pankey (Red Bank, N.J.) and Morgan Williams (Carrollton, Texas).
“We really hit all the areas that we needed to replace with this class,” KU coach Mark Francis said. “We covered the map pretty well with this group.”
- Dobyns, a 6-foot goalkeeper, had 17 shutouts last season at Lee’s Summit (Mo.) North High.
- Estrada, a 5-7 center midfielder, was a three-time Arkansas 7A all-state pick and was the Gatorade Player of the year last season at Bentonville High.
- Georgoulis, a 5-7 center midfielder from Buffalo Grove High, is listed as No. 14 on TopDrawer Soccer.com’s Midwest rankings.
- Pankey, a 5-11 forward, was a four-year varsity starter at Middletown High, which won consecutive Class A North Division Championships the past two seasons.
- And Williams, a 5-5 defender, played the past two seasons at Newman High and seven years with Sting ’95, the top-ranked ECNL team in the nation.