Topeka The Kansas Department of Insurance is planning a series of informational meetings on changes under the federal health care law.
State Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger said Thursday the biggest part of the meetings will be devoted to answering questions about the changes, which the department has been analyzing since 2010.
"We won’t be debating the merits of the changes; that’s not our job as employees of the insurance department," Praeger said. "We just want to make sure that people have all the necessary information to work through the changes put in place by law."
The department also plans to post short YouTube videos, and a new website, www.insureKS.org, will provide information about the new online marketplaces for insurance.
The meetings for September will take place at the following times:
• 7 p.m. Sept. 17 at the Kansas University Edwards Campus in Overland Park;
• 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Sept. 19 at Hughes Metropolitan Complex in Wichita;
• 2 p.m. Sept. 23 at the Hays Medical Center;
• 7 p.m. Sept. 23 at the Fort Hays State University Memorial Union Ballroom;
• 7 p.m Sept. 24 at the Dodge City House Hotel and Convention Center;
• 7 p.m. Sept. 25 at the Salina Regional Heath Center;
• 7 p.m. Sept. 26 at the Pittsburg Memorial Auditorium and Convention Center;
• 2 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. Sept. 30 at the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library.