City construction projects are now mapped at http://lawks.us/construction-map.
• The north entrance/exit of the New Hampshire Street Parking Garage will be closed for repairs to the alley to the east of the garage. Motorists will need to use the east entrances to access the garage. Construction should be completed Wednesday.
• Traffic heading in both directions on the 23rd Street bridge near Haskell Avenue will be redirected as crews work to rebuild the bridge. Two lanes are now available in each direction, but speed limits are reduced on the detours. Completion: November 2012.
• Street concrete will be reworked this week on Summer Tree Lane from Glenview to Princeton Streets.
• Crews are patching asphalt in neighborhoods around the Wakarusa Drive, Harvard Road, Monterey Way and Inverness Drive area. Through traffic should be maintained. Completion: spring 2013.
• The Kansas River levee is closed for construction of Bowersock Mills and Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank. Users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
Kansas Highway 10
• The Kansas Department of Transportation will suspend resurfacing of an 8.43-mile section of K-10 from the I-70/Kansas Turnpike Lecompton interchange until spring of 2013.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.
East 1900 Road
• County Road 1057/East 1900 Road is closed between the Kansas Highway 10 interchange and County Road 458/North 1000 Road. A marked detour is provided. Completion: November 2012.
• County Road 1055, which is Sixth Street in Baldwin City, is currently closed at the bottom of Baldwin Hill, a mile north of the Baldwin City limits. Keith Browning, director of Douglas County Public Works, suggests anyone traveling from Lawrence to Baldwin City should take U.S. Highway 59 to Highway 56.