A fixture of midsummer entertainment since 1999, The Teen Choice Awards (7 p.m. Sunday, Fox) returns, hosted by Demi Lovato (“Camp Rock”) and Kevin McHale (“Glee”). Scheduled musical performers include Justin Bieber, Carly Rae Jepsen, Flo Rida and No Doubt. This is McHale’s second time as host. He shared those duties with four others in 2010.
If one has to choose the teen character of the moment, it’s probably anything played by the Kristen Stewart, whose films “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1” and “Snow White and the Huntsman” lead the pack with seven nominations apiece.
Stewart, who was nominated for three Teen Choice Awards, will return to the screen this fall in “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2.” She also appears in the yet-to-be-released adaptation of Jack Kerouac’s Beat classic “On the Road,” a novel that has been considered unfilmable for more than half a century. It was screened at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival and given lackluster reviews. It’s not terribly often that a Teen Choice favorite stars in a film featured at the Cannes Film Festival. Or that the two events are even mentioned in the same paragraph.
Sunday’s other highlights
• Decision time on the season finale of “The Bachelorette” (7 p.m., ABC).
• A suburban baby sitter’s murder becomes the focus of “Inspector Lewis, Series V: Fearful Symmetry” on “Masterpiece Mystery!” (8 p.m., PBS, check local listings).
• A winner emerges on “Food Network Star” (8p.m., Food).
• Betrayal arrives with a familiar face on “Falling Skies” (8 p.m., TNT).
• A taste of sacred blood on “True Blood” (8p.m., HBO).
• The DEA discovers some new evidence on “Breaking Bad” (9 p.m., AMC).
• Elaine (Sigourney Weaver) sends her ex-husband, the ex-president, on a diplomatic mission on “Political Animals” (9 p.m., USA).
• Feeling eclipsed by his teen co-stars and belittled in cyberspace for his weight, Matt (Matt LeBlanc) makes seriously unwise decisions on “Episodes” (9:30 p.m., Showtime).