Letters to the Editor

Hidden agendas

October 21, 2011

To the editor:

Kudos to the Journal-World for attempts to get information on the Brownback administration’s secretive tax policy group.

Shame on the Brownback administration for not freely supplying this info, which I believe they are legally, if not ethically bound to supply.

When the names comprising this shadowy group creating tax policy recommendations finally come to light, I believe we’ll see the group is made of rich members of private corporations — and no members of the general public. I believe their recommendations will be a clear conflict of interest — cut corporate, millionaire and billionaire taxes as a way to enrich Brownback cronies at public expense.

I believe we’ll also see that members are being paid tens of thousands of public dollars personally to come up with these recommendations.

I apologize for the cynical opinion, but when government hides its workings from public scrutiny it usually means something smells like old fish.

Thanks to the Journal-World’s efforts, the truth will eventually come out. I hope my suppositions are wrong, but I doubt they will be.

Good job, J-W!

Comments

jayhawxrok 2 years, 5 months ago

Brownback is a disgrace. He cares nothing for Kansas or Kansans, just unyielding pursuit of his far, far right agenda.

januarygirl 2 years, 5 months ago

THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!!! A SECRET MEETING IS A SECRET MEETING, THIS MEANS ITEMS BEING DISCUSSED ARE KEPT FROM THE PUBLIC!!! WHERE IS A LEAK WHEN YOU NEED ONE.

januarygirl 2 years, 5 months ago

THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!!! A SECRET MEETING IS A SECRET MEETING, THIS MEANS ITEMS BEING DICUSSED ARE KEPT FROM THE PUBLIC!!! WHERE IS A LEAK WHEN YOU NEED ONE.

BornAgainAmerican 2 years, 5 months ago

Stand-by for the usual far left extremist Brownback haters to chime in with their usual hateful rhetoric.

2 years, 5 months ago

@ijm. As far as I know, Kansas has an open meetings law, while the Federal Govt does not. Hence, your analogy doesn't hold water. Nice attempt though to deflect the argument from The Gov to someone we know you hate vehemently, President Obama.

@ws. Good comment. I especially agree with, "... as long as a man running for office says he is a good Christian, the people of Kansas will vote for him regardless of his real intentions." I think that holds nationally also.

IMHO, Mr. Henry is correct in his opinion.

its_just_math 2 years, 5 months ago

I feel the most disgusting thing is how Brownback emulates Obama in regards to this letter. You'd think they'd operate on totally different planes.

tomatogrower 2 years, 5 months ago

Couldn't have said it better myself. And where are the other newspapers in this state? Are they questioning this secrecy. Nothing about our government should be secret, unless it endangers security - our security, not Brownback's.