• Pavement resurfacing on 31st Street from Louisiana Street to Haskell Avenue. Road will be closed beginning Monday. Completion: Aug. 3.
• Mill and overlay project on Tennessee Street from 10th to 19th streets. Milling will occur Monday, and the overlay will occur Tuesday, weather permitting. During the milling operation, crews will leave one lane of traffic open Monday. On Tuesday, traffic will not be allowed to use Tennessee Street until the roadway is reopened. Crews will open one block at a time as the pavement cools. No parking will be allowed on Tennessee Street during the work.
• Water main rehabilitation on Kentucky, Ninth, 18th, 13th and Tennessee streets. Parking and a travel lane on Kentucky Street will be closed, as will parking and travel lanes on Tennessee Street. Single-lane traffic will still run through the areas.
• Phase one of annual street maintenance project on Sixth Street from Massachusetts Street to Iowa Street. Completion: late July.
• Complete reconstruction of the westbound lanes of Bob Billings Parkway from Kasold to Crestline Drive. Phase two of the project began last week. The center two lanes of the intersection at Crestline Drive and Bob Billings Parkway will be closed. One lane in each direction will be open, and only right-in/right-out turns will be allowed on Crestline. Delays expected. Completion: mid-August.
• Repairs to concrete curbs and street pavement from Sixth to North Park streets and from Vermont to New Hampshire streets. Parking limitations and some single-lane traffic. Completion: mid-August.
• Add a center turn lane on Sixth Street between Folks Road and Monterey Way. Second phase construction will widen Sixth Street on the south side, eastbound lanes. Two lanes of traffic in the westbound lanes and one lane of eastbound traffic will be open. Completion: three to five weeks.
• Single-lane traffic both ways on Kasold Drive between Clinton Parkway and 31st Street for rebuild of road. Access from side streets is right-turn only. Completion: late November.
• Add center turn lane on Kasold Drive from 23rd Street to 31st Street starting Tuesday. Southbound traffic will use the lane already being used, and northbound traffic will switch to new pavement. Completion: late fall.
• Repair/rebuild project on Clinton Parkway at Inverness Drive. The second phase of work will involve moving traffic on Clinton Parkway to the two inside lanes, and southbound traffic on Inverness Drive will not be allowed. Northbound Inverness traffic will be detoured to Crossgate Drive. Completion for phase two: July 22.
• Kansas River levee closed (for construction of Bowersock Mills & Power Co.’s new plant) on the north bank, so users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• Second phase of overlay and crack-sealing projects could mean temporary single-lane closures. For a map of the overlay projects go to lawrenceks.org/public_works/streetmaintenance and click on “2011 Street Maintenance Plan.”
• Microsurfacing program. To find out what streets are being worked on, visit the city’s website, www.ci.lawrence.ks.us. Completion: late July.
• County Road 442 closed for pavement rehabilitation from Lawrence city limits to Wakarusa River Bridge in Eudora. Traffic will be rerouted to Kansas Highway 10 and North 1500 Road. Completion: end of July.
• North 1000 Road closed between U.S. Highway 59 and East 1200 Road beginning Wednesday as part of reconstruction and widening of North 1000 Road on the west side of a new U.S. 59 interchange. Local access for residents of area available. No marked detour available for other drivers, who must use alternate routes. Completion: early September.
• East 800 Road closed to through traffic between U.S. Highway 40 and North 1750 Road for drainage replacements beginning Tuesday. No marked detour will be provided. The road will be closed to all traffic at North 1665 Road. No marked detour will be provided. Completion: mid-August.
U.S. Highway 24
• Intermittent lane closures near U.S. Highway 24 and Airport Road as crews install sanitary sewer collection holding system. Completion: early August.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.
Interstate 70/Kansas Turnpike
• Reconstruction of three miles just east of Lawrence. One-lane traffic each direction between mile markers 208 and 211. Access to the Lawrence Service Area will remain open. Expect delays during rush hour. Completion: November.
• Replacement of 142nd Street bridge in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties. Both lanes of 142nd Street closed between Kansas Avenue and Riverview Avenue. Daily lane closures could occur on I-70 and the right shoulder. Completion: late fall.
• Bridge painting at Johnson Drive interchange means varying lane closures from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday through Friday. Ramps will remain open. Completion: mid-July.
• Pavement repair from 87th Street to Midland Drive and on the Holiday Drive interchange ramps in Johnson County. Lane closures from 7 p.m. through noon Monday through Friday and from 7 p.m. until 1 p.m. on the weekend. Completion: late October.