• Phase one of annual street maintenance project on Sixth Street from Massachusetts Street to Iowa Street. Completion: late July.
• Complete reconstruction of the westbound lanes of Bob Billings Parkway from Kasold to Crestline Drive. One-lane traffic both directions. Delays expected. Completion: Aug. 12.
• Repairs to concrete curbs and street pavement from Sixth to North Park streets and from Vermont to New Hampshire streets. Parking limitations and some single-lane traffic. Completion: mid August.
• Add a center turn lane on Sixth Street between Folks Road and Monterey Way. Completion: mid-July
• Single-lane traffic both ways on Kasold Drive between Clinton Parkway and 31st Street for rebuild of road. Access from side streets is right-turn only. Completion: late November.
• Add a center turn lane on Kasold Drive from 23rd Street to 31st Street starting Tuesday. Southbound traffic will use the lane already being used, and northbound traffic will switch to new pavement. Completion: late fall.
• Northbound lane of New Hampshire and westbound lane of Sixth Street closed between New Hampshire and Massachusetts streets beginning Tuesday. Motorists will not be able to travel north from the intersection of Seventh and New Hampshire streets. Massachusetts Street can be used as a detour. Completion: about one week.
• Repair/rebuild project on Clinton Parkway at Inverness starting Tuesday. First phase of work will include the closure of the center two lanes of Clinton Parkway and the intersection. No left turns will be allowed onto Clinton Parkway and no through traffic will be allowed on Inverness will be allowed. Completion for phase one: about one week.
• Kansas River levee closed — for construction of Bowersock Mills & Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank — so users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• Second phase of overlay and crack sealing projects could mean temporary single-lane closures. For a map of the overlay projects go to lawrenceks.org/public_works/streetmaintenance and click on “2011 Street Maintenance Plan.”
• Microsurfacing program. To find out what streets are being worked on, visit the city’s website, www.ci.lawrence.ks.us. Completion: late July.
• County Road 442 closed for pavement rehabilitation from Lawrence city limits to Wakarusa River Bridge in Eudora. Traffic will be rerouted to K-10 and North 1500 Road. Completion: end of July.
• County Road 9 closed between U.S. Highway 24-40 and Interstate 70 for bridge construction. Completion: late spring.
• County Road 458/ North 1000 Road closed between U.S. Highway 59 and East 1400 Road — which is about one mile east of U.S. 59 — as part of construction of new interchange for U.S. 59 and to repair bridge east of U.S. 59. Local access for residents of area available. Other traffic will follow marked detour. Completion: Tuesday at approximately noon.
• North 1000 Road closed between U.S. Highway 59 and East 1200 Road beginning on Wednesday as part of reconstruction and widening of N. 1000 Road on the west side of a new U.S. 59 interchange. Local access for residents of area available. No marked detour available for other drivers, who must use alternate routes. Completion: early September.
• East 800 Road closed to through traffic between U.S. Highway 40 and North 1750 Road for drainage replacements beginning Tuesday. No marked detour will be provided. The road will be closed to all traffic at North 1665 Road. No marked detour will be provided. Completion: mid August.
U.S. Highway 24
• Intermittent lane closures near U.S. Highway 24 and Airport Road as crews install sanitary sewer collection holding system. Completion: early August.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.
Interstate 70/Kansas Turnpike
• Reconstruction of three miles just east of Lawrence. One-lane traffic each direction between mile markers 208 and 211. Access to the Lawrence Service Area will remain open. Expect delays during rush hour. Completion: November.
• Replacement of 142nd Street bridge in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties. Both lanes of 142nd Street closed between Kansas Avenue and Riverview Avenue. Daily lane closures could occur on I-70 and the right shoulder. Completion: late fall.
• Bridge painting at Johnson Drive interchange means varying lane closures from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday through Friday. Ramps will remain open. Completion: mid-July.
• Pavement-repair from 87th Street to Midland Drive and on the Holiday Drive interchange ramps in Johnson County. Lane closures from 7 p.m. through noon Monday through Friday and from 7 p.m. until 1 p.m. on the weekend. Completion: late October.