• Knology Inc., which acquired Kansas-based Sunflower Broadband in October 2010, will hold two ribbon-cutting ceremonies to celebrate the Knology of Kansas company rebranding with business leaders, media and fellow community members. Both events are open to the public.
The Lawrence ribbon-cutting ceremony will take place at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at 1 Riverfront Plaza and the Basehor ribbon-cutting will take place at 11 a.m. Wednesday in Suite 1A of 15510 State Ave.
• The Lawrence Technology Association’s January LTA Mixer will begin at 5 p.m. Thursday at Wayne and Larry’s Sports Bar and Grill, 933 Iowa. Reservations are not required. For more information, or if you know that you will be attending, contact Kerri Johnson at 832-2824, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Erinn Golick, physical therapist at Lawrence Therapy Services, completed the seminar “Functional Exercise for the Neurologically Impaired Child.” The two-day seminar was presented by EasterSeals Capper Foundation in November.
• Douglas County District Court Chief Judge Robert W. Fairchild and Lawrence attorney David J. Brown are among 23 authors who contributed to the Practitioner’s Guide to Kansas Family Law, second edition, which has been released by the Kansas Bar Association this month.
Fairchild, author of the mediation chapter, serves as chief judge of the Seventh Judicial District. He is also an adjunct professor at Kansas University School of Law and teaches alternative dispute resolution.
Brown, who wrote the premarital agreements chapter, is managing attorney for the Law Office of David J. Brown, LC, in Lawrence.
• Kinedyne Corp.’s Lawrence facility, which achieved the ISO 9001:2000 certification of its Quality Management System in 2008 and ISO 9001:2008 in 2010, is Kinedyne’s first U.S. facility to receive this internationally recognized quality management certification.
• Kinedyne Corp.’s Amy Bellerive, domestic human resources manager based in the company’s Lawrence facility, has successfully completed the Professional in Human Resources certification program. Bellerive, a 10-year human resources veteran, joined Kinedyne in 2002.
• The Lawrence production company Resonate Pictures debuted “The Inappros,” Friday at Pachamama’s Alton Ballroom, 800 N.H. A discussion with directors and cast followed the screening.R