Archive for Monday, December 5, 2011

No injuries reported at mobile home park fire

December 5, 2011, 11:19 a.m. Updated December 5, 2011, 2:43 p.m.

Smoke pours out of a home at the Brookwood Mobile Home Park, 1908 E. 19th St., on Monday, Dec. 5, 2011.

Lawrence Douglas County Fire Medical responded to a call at 10:19 a.m. Crews found a single mobile home with heavy smoke seeping out of several openings. The fire was extinguished at 10:41 a.m.

The trailer was not occupied during the blaze, said Division Chief Eve Tolefree said in a news release. The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents, and fire investigators work to determine the cause.

Comments

3 years, 5 months ago

I saw the house on fire from my house. It is sad that thier house caught on fire right before Christmas.My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to this family.

Lisa Medsker 3 years, 5 months ago

Where can I find out who the family is, and what they may need?

Alex Parker 3 years, 5 months ago

The best bet is to call the Red Cross, ridikkulus.

ewells 3 years, 5 months ago

I am a close friend of Amy's, she has given me permission to post her email address for you to contact her. Her email is stoutner6@yahoo.com. They have pretty much lost everything, they are a family of 6 with a 15, 13, 12 and 6 year old. Thank you for your concern, I know that any help given to them would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

bearded_gnome 3 years, 5 months ago

Smoke pours of a home at the Brookwood Mobile Home Park, 1908 E. 19th St., on Monday, Dec. 5, 2011. No one was injured in a fire this morning at a home in the Brookwood Mobile Home Park, 1908 E. 19th St., but a dog died of smoke inhalation. Lawrence Douglas County Fire Medical responded to a call at 10:19 a.m. Crews found a single mobile home with heavy smoke seeping out of several openings.

---that dog died a terrifying death. it breaks my heart to consider that, and to know such a family is literally out in the cold without their friend.

I love my dog, who has given me many years of devotion and support. the thought of losing him to such a fate is blood curdling.

I trust the Red Cross has plenty of resources for this family. they are an excellent charity and do so much with a relatively small budget.

God care for you all in this time of loss.

LJW: Smoke pours of a home ---notice?

Tara Painter 3 years, 5 months ago

The school was asking the Kenndy school to help any way we can, I have some extra things was woundering if there were boys or girls ( six year old) stuff mostly. Just let me know.

Lisa Medsker 3 years, 5 months ago

My daughter just brought home the form for the bake sale, and it includes the email address of the Parent Involvement Facilitator. If you would like a form (She brought two), or the address, inbox me!