The Voter Education Coalition is sponsoring two nights of candidate forums in preparation for the Nov. 2 elections.
The first night — Wednesdayat City Hall — will feature candidates for local Kansas House seats. The schedule is as follows:
• 6:30 p.m.: Candidates for the 45th District — Rep. Tom Sloan (R) and Linda Robinson (D) — and for the 10th District — Rep. Tony Brown (D) and Terri Lois Gregory (R).
• 7:45 p.m.: Candidates for the 38th District — Rep. Anthony Brown (R) and Roberta Eveslage (D) — and for the 53 District — Rep. Ann Mah (D) and L.W. Abney (R).
The second night — Oct. 11 at City Hall — will feature candidates for the Douglas County Commission, the local Kansas State Board of Education, and discussion about the Lawrence Public Library bond vote. The schedule is as follows:
• 6:30 p.m.: County Commission candidates Mike Gaughan (D) and Arch Naramore (R).
• 7 p.m.: State Board of Education 1st District candidates Janet Waugh and Willie Dove.
• 7:30 p.m.: Library bond vote.
Audience members will be able to ask questions at all of the forums, which will be recorded and replayed on Sunflower Channel 6 and also on LJWorld.com.