• The Kansas Turnpike’s East Lawrence interchange, which is Exit 204, is closed for reconstruction. It is expected to reopen by Thanksgiving.
• Construction work continues at the intersection of North Second and Locust streets in North Lawrence. The entire project is scheduled for completion in August.
• The city’s annual repaving program continues, with crews working on a number of residential streets. Pavement-patching and road-resurfacing work will cause intermittent delays on streets in North Lawrence.
• The right lane for traffic heading north on Iowa Street will be closed this week from Oxford to Yale roads. Harvard Road will be closed to through traffic, from Iowa to Highland Drive.
• Crews will continue crack-sealing work, generally on streets east of Iowa Street. Temporary lane closures are expected, but no detours onto other streets are scheduled.
• The 900 block of New York Street is closed to through traffic as crews work to restore it as a brick street.
U.S. Highway 24
• Mud Creek bridge along U.S. Highway 24, east of Lawrence Municipal Airport, remains limited to one lane of traffic as crews add pavement to the bridge deck. Expect delays, as traffic is governed by temporary traffic signals expected to be in service until late fall.
• Drivers on the Kansas Turnpike just east of Lawrence are limited to one lane in each direction as crews rebuild turnpike lanes from just east of the interchange to a point just west of the Lawrence service area. The limits will be expected to remain until just before Thanksgiving; the service area is scheduled to remain open throughout construction.
• Westbound I-70 is reduced to one lane from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily except Sundays, extending from 3.3 miles just west of Urish Road to Danbury Lane and also from just east of Carnahan Avenue to the Kansas Turnpike Authority east toll booth plaza, all in Shawnee County, for concrete repair work. Work is scheduled to be finished in October.
• Drivers going west on Interstate 70 in Shawnee County will face intermittent ramp closures during overnight hours this week, from Interstate 470 to Fairlawn Road, as crews work to repair pavement.
• Drivers heading west on I-70, from 94th to 110th streets in Wyandotte County, are limited to a single lane as crews replace pavement near Kansas Speedway and I-70’s connections with Interstate 435, a project expected to last through late summer. The ramp for traffic from northbound I-435 to westbound I-70 is closed and is not scheduled to reopen until late summer.
• The exit ramp normally used by drivers heading west on I-470 and turning onto Fairlawn Road in Shawnee County is closed as part of an intersection-reconstruction project at 29th Street. The ramp will be closed around the clock into July.
• The exit ramp normally used by drivers heading west on I-470 and turning onto 21st Street in Shawnee County will be reduced to two open lanes, 24 hours a day, through June 14 as the city of Topeka conducts pavement repairs along 21st.
Kansas Highway 7
• Drivers going north on Kansas Highway 7, from 55th Street/Johnson Drive to Shawnee Mission Parkway in Johnson County, are limited to one lane from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily for realignment work expected to continue through June 30.
• Expect lane restrictions this week along I-35 between 7 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. at the following interchanges, as crews mark pavement: Antioch, Johnson Drive, Shawnee Mission Parkway, 67th Street, 75th Street, 87th Street, 95th Street, 119th Street, 151st Street, 175th Street, Gardner Road and Edgerton Road (Sunflower Road).