Archive for Friday, May 23, 2008

Transformers blow; power outages reported

May 23, 2008, 9:41 p.m. Updated May 23, 2008, 11:00 p.m.

The number of Westar Energy customers without power has been fallen to about 100, according to their Web site. At about 9 p.m. 1,735 Westar customers were without power.

Lawrence police say at least two transformers blew on 11th street between Kentucky and Massachussetts streets.

Comments

bearded_gnome 8 years, 1 month ago

Igby:build a fire? fire up the bbq? dig a hole in the ground, put fish in foil w/lemon, cover with foil. cover with little dirt. build fire over fish. done. go out to eat?

bearded_gnome 8 years, 1 month ago

didn't receive a "breaking news" e-mail, as shown at the top of this story. ***Kentucky and Massachussetts streets.okay.

igby 8 years, 1 month ago

Multi: Got batteries!If I were God, I would not be cooking catfish!

Sigmund 8 years, 1 month ago

Is it "Transformers Blow," or "Transformers Suck?"

igby 8 years, 1 month ago

Actually, the computer screen did a nice job lighting up the room since the three candles that I own were placed in different rooms.

Fort_Aubrey 8 years, 1 month ago

Thanks to all the dudes who work to keep those transformer things working for us.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 1 month ago

If I were God, I would not be cooking catfish!when jesus walked the earth, he did cook fish. everybody should have batteries for emergencies.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 1 month ago

multi, yes, try to keep a "weather eye" look elsewhere while looking back. *** igby,battery-powered cable modem?

igby 8 years, 1 month ago

Yep! just as I was frying up a mess of catfish. At lease the first batch was done. Then Boom, boom, flicker about three times and out she went. Makes me miss my old gas range.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 1 month ago

oh, should add,Merrill is in favor of power outages!he has posted that he likes them because the enforce energy conservation! ... yeah, really.