Archive for Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cheney in Kansas to campaign for Ryun

Cheney was scheduled to have photos taken with campaign contributors

October 12, 2006, 9:25 a.m. Updated October 12, 2006, 11:00 a.m.

— Vice President Dick Cheney today was on the campaign trail to raise funds for U.S. Rep. Jim Ryun, a Lawrence Republican, facing a re-election rematch against Democrat Nancy Boyda.

Cheney was scheduled to have photos taken with campaign contributors, give a noontime speech at the Capitol Plaza Hotel Manor Conference Center, and then fly out. His time in Topeka was expected to be about to 2 1/2 hours.

Ryun campaign manager Jeff Black said 275 people were attending the event, and that the campaign had raised $207,000. People paid $100 to attend the reception, and $1,000 to have a photograph taken with Cheney.

Ryun defeated Boyda, of Topeka, in 2004 by a hefty 56 percent to 41 percent.

This election, however, Boyda maintains Ryun is in trouble and her internal polling shows the race a dead heat with about 17 percent undecided.

Ryun has said her polling is inaccurate, but hasn't revealed what his own polls show.

He has launched ads attacking Boyda, saying she wants to "cut and run" in Iraq. Boyda has denied the accusation, saying she is hopeful that a new bipartisan panel, led by former Secretary of State James Baker, a Republican, can provide policy recommendations on the war.

Boyda has claimed Ryun, a five-term incumbent, has lost touch with the 2nd Congressional District, becoming a Washington insider, corrupted by partisan politics. Ryun said he represents the values of the district by wanting lower taxes and smaller government.

The district includes west Lawrence, Topeka, Manhattan and much of southeast Kansas.

Comments

engagehorn 7 years, 6 months ago

holygrailale:

I see that you have 3884 posts since February of this year. Do you do anything else but post here?

I'm developing a theory about you. Have you ever seen "Brewster's Millions" with Richard Pryor? Brewster had to spend a large amount of money during a certain time frame in order to inherit an even larger amount of money.

I wonder if someone has made a similar arrangement with you, only you have to type a certain number of words here before the end of the year. No, wait. A certain number of CHARACTERS. That would explain the HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA when a simple HAHA would suffice.

ow, have you found where the Ryun campaign released internal polling data in 2004? Have you found any ASA polling that turned out to be close to the results of an actual election?

holygrailale:

"Too bad you won't be here tomorrow."

I'll be here. I don't think you can get bounced for pointing out Boyda's lack of campaign contributions.

Why does the presence of conservative viewpoints threaten you liberals so much? You're no different from the Columbia students who refused to let the leader of the Minutemen speak last week.

If you truly believe your positions are better, I would think you would welcome the debate. Instead, you work to force speakers away from their podiums and try to get forum users bounced.

That doesn't say much for your confidence in your positions. Ironically, you accused me of posting here to stifle debate. Actually, you called me a "Republican stooge." That name-calling is certainly more of a violation than anything I have done this evening.

engagehorn

Too bad you won't be here tomorrow.

Have fun tonight.

Don't do anything stupid tomorrow when you get bounced.

HOLYGRAILALE:

"That's a threat. Both by using a personal name and indicating knowledge of address."

More bizarre charges. No one here has mentioned your real name or your address.

Why not discuss the issues instead of going off on these weird tangents? The only thing that threatens you here is a genuine discussion of the issues. You cannot defend your positions and instead engage in name-calling and these bizarre charges. Seems there should be some type of policy violation for that.

holygrailale:

"She's tied with an incumbant."

She's tied with an incumBENT only if the poll is reliable. Given that ASA Marketing received more than $100,000 to do political consulting for Boyda, I think even an extreme partisan such as yourself would agree that that's a conflict of interest. After all, if ASA came back with a poll showing Boyda 12 points behind Ryun, what does that say about ASA's political consulting work?

The only poll that matters is the one on November 7. Ryun wil win that by at least 10 points.

"If elections were decided by how much cash was on hand, Steve Forbes would be our President."

Funny. You were making the opposite point some months back when you posted personal information about another user and mentioned how little he raised for a political campaign. In any case, Boyda received $155,000 from organized labor in 2004 and just $22,000 this year. Why is labor abandoning Boyda? Is it because they refuse to put money on a candidate who cannot win?

"A real neat trick, considering your profile says you arrived today."

The time someone arrives here and time someone actually creates a user name are not necessarily the same. As an alleged expert from the KU computer lab (as you have claimed you are on this very forum), I would think you would know that.

"HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHA"

That, too, is getting SO, SO OLD.

Porter

Clearly engagehorn has been banished from this forum in the past and seeks satisfaction that he can't achieve online, with text.

LJ World won't look favorably on this behavior, probably the origin of his banishments in the past.

holygrailale:

"Conservativeman got bounced twice this week (on consecutive days no less)."

Blah, blah, blah, blah. Is that all you ever do here? Talk about who got bounced and how many times? Who the hell cares? It has nothing to do with Cheney or Ryun.

If you have nothing of value to offer here, please take up collecting dolls or some other hobby. Your routine is getting SO, SO OLD.

engagehorn

Yep, if this were 2004, Boyda would be losing.

However, it's 2006 and she's not.

She's tied with an incumbant.

An incumbant who had beaten her by double digits merely two years ago.

A Republican incumbant.

=======================================

HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

=======================================

"I have not done this. However, I have noticed that you have done so concerning another user, even going to the extent of noting what you believed to be the user's real name and where his wife works." ----engagehorn

===============

A real neat trick, considering your profile says you arrived today.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

Porter:

"Too far. Banter all day long for all I care, but that statement is creepy."

"If" is conditional. If you lived out in the country, I would hope that you locked your doors.

Porter 7 years, 6 months ago

"If I were you and lived in rural Baldwin, I'd lock my doors."

Too far. Banter all day long for all I care, but that statement is creepy.

Right_Thinker

Conservativeman got bounced twice this week (on consecutive days no less).

Seems he's gone past the begging stage and will be "bounced on sight".

You cried like a puppy dog when it happened but somehow you don't remember him talking about not being able to post on ProtestWarrior because it had closed (it hadn't) and that the reason it had closed was because a bunch of liberals were posting there (it's a conservative blog).

HAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 6 months ago

I must wake very early to pack Holygrail, I bought a 'Holygrailale' and it's chilling, it says "serve cool". I will look forward to drinking the ('Holygrailale') with Monty Pythons name and an 'X' over 'Holy' when I return.

Remember, 'Tempered over burning witches'.

Black Sheep are cool with me.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 6 months ago

"After four banishments (you),...."

Wrong, two, I voluntarily changed one and Dan Cox re-instated me per now.

"By the way, has conservativeman told you (offline, of course) what he did to get thrown off of ProtestWarrior or how so many liberals found purchase on a CONSERVATIVE forum???"

That is patently false and my dear, I have no idea what on the hell you are talking about; I've only heard of ProtestWarrior now.

"Conservativeman got kicked off of a conservative blog.....that's rich!!!"

Sweetie, if you believe that, I've got some swampland in Pompano Beach I'd love to sell to you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Holygrail, go seek help, do you have benefits? I've asked xenophonschild the same question. If you you do not, go to SRS, they will help you.

holygrailale:

"Using a personal name is probably not a good move on engagehorn's part, as it's against forum policy..."

There's another one of those bizarre charges. The forum policy says nothing about "using a personal name." (In any case, engagehorn is hardly "personal"). The closest item is this:

" ¢ Agree not to knowingly give out any personal information of other users."

Simply bizarre. Are you done with the name-calling and bizarre charges? Can we now discuss the issues of the day?

How about you tell us when the Ryun campaign released internal polling data to the media in 2004. Your contention is Ryun refuses to do so now because he knows he is in trouble. If that's the case, he surely released data in 2004 because he was well ahead of Boyda.

holygrailale:

"Anytime you can't publicly contradict polling numbers that show that the race is dead even, after you have defeated the same opponent by double digits the last time you faced her,.........

you're in trouble.

"It's 2006, not 2004. Check your calender."

Did the Ryun campaign release any internal polling results in 2004, the year he beat Boyda by 15 points?

I think a more accurate characterization would be that Boyda released dubious internal polling results in a desperate attempt to regain contributors who abandoned her after 2004.

I don't put much faith in ASA Marketing's polling and I think that lack of faith will be confirm next month. You liberals will look back and wonder why you wasted so much time hawking Boyda.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 6 months ago

Marion, don't mention it, keep up the good work!

holygrailails:

"...found to be non-contributory and actually harmful to everyone else's ability to discuss the issues of the day."

Please explain to us how your comment concerning conservativeman enhances "everyone else's ability to discuss the issues of the day."

Have you ever discussed the issues of the day? All I have seen from you is childish name-calling and bizarre accusations that have absolutely nothing to do with the issues of the day.

Wouldn't your time be better spent with a hobby, such as collecting dolls or something?

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 6 months ago

Holygrail, your allegations are so wrong.

Where do you want me to start?

I'm limited on time, remember.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 6 months ago

right_thinker:

Thank you!

Marion.

holygrailale:

"Does Dan want you back after you threatened him with blackmail????"

What the hell are you talking about? Who's Dan? What blackmail? And what does that have to with Ryun anhd Cheney?

Simply bizarre.

And if you believe money is an indicator of a candidate's strength, I invite you to compare Boyda's financials with Ryun's.

Boyda - http://www.fecinfo.com/cgi-win/x_candpg.exe?DoFn=H4KS02107*2006

Ryun - http://www.fecinfo.com/cgi-win/x_candpg.exe?DoFn=H6KS02227*2006

Boyda's outstanding debts as of July were twice as much as her cash on hand.

Last month Boyda told the J-W that one of her big issues was high gas prices. I drove down 23rd street this afternoon and noticed numerous stations at 1.99 per gallon. Apparently she forgot that gas prices fall after Labor Day. What next? Will she make the falling stock market a major issue?

Right_Thinker

If engagehorn is not a former blogger with multiple banishments from LJ World, then he will probably be allowed to stay.

Using a personal name is probably not a good move on engagehorn's part, as it's against forum policy, but you guys get bounced so much, the stigma has worn off for you. Analogous to recidivistic criminals.

My prediction is that he's gone before sundown tomorrow. I've had a pretty good track record this week, don't you think???

=======================================

You don't seem to understand.

After four banishments (you), eight banishments (conservativeman) and two banishments (Arminius), you may have noticed that the contribution of the three of you to this forum has had its chance(s) and been found to be non-contributory and actually harmful to everyone else's ability to discuss the issues of the day.

=======================================

Conservativeman got kicked off of a conservative blog.....that's rich!!!

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 6 months ago

Holygrail, do you mean "reincarnation". You are thrown off your moorings pretty bad tonight.....take a breather.

engagehorn

No, we liberals can retain our accounts without being thrown off the forum.

========================================

An interesting Campaign Briefing was published here at LJ World on September 27th. Did you catch it???

It went something like this:

=======================================

" Endangered members told: Pony up:

The most endangered House Republican lawmakers have been asked by their leaders to give $75,000 to party coffers, significantly more than was asked of rank-and-file members two years ago, a sign of how desperate party leaders are to raise money when their individual donor receipts are down and lobbyists are increasing their contributions to Democrats.

Rank-and-file Republicans are being asked to give $75,000 to the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC). ... But other lawmakers say they will not meet their goal, viewing it only as a suggested target, and an expensive one at that.

These lawmakers say their focusing on their own races. "I've got a race back home I've got to finish," said Rep. Jim Ryun (R-Kan.), who won in 2004 with 56 percent of the vote.

Ryun admitted he has not given as much as he would like to the program. "You do the best you can: if you make it, great, if you don't maybe it was a little high but you do the best you can," he said.

Ryun has given $12,000 to the NRCC as of the end of August."

----- http://www2.ljworld.com/blogs/campaign_briefing/2006/sep/27/ag/

=======================================

So much for Jim Ryun not being "endangered".

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

=======================================

Sorry for not realizing who you were IMMEDIATELY.

After all, this incarnation only started today.

HAAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHA

=======================================

Does Dan want you back after you threatened him with blackmail????

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Gail:

"Hell, half of the time, I don't lock my doors."

If I were you and lived in rural Baldwin, I'd lock my doors.

holygrailale:

"you're employed by the Ryun campaign to squelch any dissension on the blogs."

Wow. Are you liberals THAT paranoid. Has it occurred to you that Ryun has supporters beyond his campaign? He did clean up the floor with Boyda in 2004 and will again in November. The national Democrats know that. That's why she has received little support from the labor unions and other Democrat supporters.

The_Twelve 7 years, 6 months ago

Misplacedcheese-- I've had contact with "the wife." Can't say she's exactly the pin-up Christian girl. In Church and out-of-Church, all religious activists prove their ideology by deed, and as you well know, most are far from Christ-like. (I won't quote applicable Bible verses).

As to Cheney--what the hell has he done for us since he and his oil gang got together to discuss energy policy? If Ryun is so far ahead in the polls, the only reason he showed up was to suck money out of stupid supporters who are willing to support a political system that bleeds money and influence.

KS and Utahr are the heart and lungs of corrupted conservatism-- of all those who believe that it's not enough for their "good deeds" to be rewarded in Heaven, they have to have it here, too.

Nevermind that the destitute get screwed in the process, because they are, as we all know, "blessed" anyway.

Tychoman 7 years, 6 months ago

I did sense Kansas becoming a little bit less evil when he left :)

logrithmic 7 years, 6 months ago

Ryun and Cheney suck,

thanks,

Log

Irish_Prince 7 years, 6 months ago

Many people in politics have made their money outside of politics.....politics is about power, prestige, and influence.

How should a person in politics dress...so as to not offend you, cait48?

Personally, I don't care how a politician dresses....so long as he or she does a good job.

Cait McKnelly 7 years, 6 months ago

1. I work nights. It was around 10 pm and the autocheck lane was closed.
  2. I wasn't aware that asking the clerk to do her job was being rude.
  3. It's not jealousy that prompted the shoe remark, it's the fact that I find it inherently unfair that their are people struggling to make ends meet, uninsured children, heck just uninsured people in general, people without enough to eat or a house to live in or a way to even keep themselves warm in winter while the wives of our legislators indulge in conspicuous consumption. And by the way I would have been just as annoyed if it HAD been an aging hippie holding me up!

Marion

Your little experiment is at the level of

"Guess which number between one and ten that I'm thinking of".

=======================================

As far as being clever, what did you do to get thrown through a plate glass window at a bar????

Why do you know so much about what to do during a traffic stop by police.

What sort of life experiences lead you to feel like you have to carry three concealed weapons around in a semi-rural town like Lawrence??

Hell, half of the time, I don't lock my doors.

KS 7 years, 6 months ago

cait48 - I had a similar experience with Kathleen Sebelius one time a few years ago. I didn't make a fool of myself by being impolite to her. Two wrongs don't make a right. There are some pretty rude people doing postings to this article. Not the type of people that I would want to call my friend.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 6 months ago

Marion, you nailed HGA! I could not have described her spinning abilities more accurately. BTW, I went on your site the other day that you posted, your quite a handsome man (wanna IM)?

Just kidding!

Good job dressing down HGA, I'm sure it was easy.

Katara 7 years, 6 months ago

AW = shorthand for attention whore not something else that has the same initials. Sorry, didn't want to get into obsene territory.

Katara 7 years, 6 months ago

@ HGA

Just another attempt by Marion to turn the conversation into something about him. What an AW!

Marion Lynn 7 years, 6 months ago

holygrailale:

Yes, I just wanted to show you preceisly how you make what by your own admission is and ASSUMPTION based on VERY LITTLE information.

Allow me to re-print my post:

"Posted by Marion (Marion Lynn) on October 12, 2006 at 5:47 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Topeka was nice today.

Thanks.

Marion."

Marion writes further:

Do you read ANY mention of the Vice-President in either of my posts?

No, you do not.

Based soley on the facts that the Vice-President was in Topeka and the fact that I wrote, you ASSumed that I was in Topeka to see the Vice-President.

A completely and wholly unwarranted ASSumption based on athe information available.

You actually took two peices of UNRELATED information and formulated your conclusion.

You ASSume lot and as a mtter of fact, you ASSume things quite often but I just wanted to catch you at it with a specific example to demonstrate to all.

Thanks.

Marion.

Marion

Yes, state that you went to Topeka on a thread where the visit of Vice President to Topeka is the subject of the story and I will (along with everyone else) assume that you attended the reception.

Woo Hoo. Yah fooled us all. Whatever.

kansasdaughter 7 years, 6 months ago

dayum cait48, a little green-eyed monster in ya? would you have been soooo mad if the person holding you up was a stinking birkenstock-wearing middle-aged hippie?

Tychoman 7 years, 6 months ago

Is it just me or did Kansas feel a little bit more evil today? No? Oh it must have been Dick Cheney, then.

Thursday's forecast: Winds from the northwest, sunny skies with a 100% chance of evil, with a slight dusting of DOOM.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 6 months ago

holygrailale wrote:

"

Posted by holygrailale (anonymous) on October 12, 2006 at 5:52 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Marion is basking in the reflected glory of being in our Vice President's presence.

Yes, we get it, Marion. You spent the $100 and had some rubber chicken with the Vice President. Hallelujah.

I went to the Fairgrounds in Springfield and saw Reagan defend Nixon. Woo Hoo!!!

So There!!!"

Marion writes:

Nope.

I was at the Docking Office Building picking up a title and never mentioned the Vice President.

You went EXACTLY where I predicted that you would go based on the button that I pushed.

Thanks.

Marion.

engagehorn

Let me guess,

you're employed by the Ryun campaign to squelch any dissension on the blogs.

HAAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAAH

A clue for me was trying to spin a checkout incident at a Dillon's.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you are going to do advance work as an "ordinary person", you have to at least act like an "ordinary person".

HAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHHHAHAHHAH

Irish_Prince 7 years, 6 months ago

I wouldn't despise someone just because the purchase price of their shoes equals one of my paychecks.

engagehorn

you're in trouble.

It's 2006, not 2004. Check your calender.

cait48:

I have serious doubts that your story is a true one, especially since Dillons has lanes where you can check yourself out? Those lanes are specifically for those who, like you, have just a few items to purchase.

So There!!!

holygrailale:

No serious person believes Boyda has a chance against Ryun. If we are to judge by the amount she has donated to her own campaign, even Boyda has less confidence about her chances than she had in 2004.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 6 months ago

Topeka was nice today.

Thanks.

Marion.

I'm upset.

Along with "FrankZappa", "werekoala" is arguably the coolest name on the blog and I don't have it.

=======================================

Seriously, Agnostick has the prize on this one.

The only conclusion that one can draw from this appearance is that Ryun's in trouble and needs a quick influx of cash from the faithful.

A couple of weeks ago, Jim Ryun was complaining about the "loser tax" the Republican Party was levying on it's future former officeholders.

=======================================

It is entirely possible that his internal polling numbers are "worse" than Boyda's public polling numbers.

Or Jim Ryun doesn't do polling, which is an even worse scenario.

Cait McKnelly 7 years, 6 months ago

Here's MY experience with "Annie" Ryun (never met Jim, fortunately). She was in front of me in line at Dillons. I was on my way to work (wearing my nurses scrubs so it was pretty obvious I was on a timeline one way or the other) and I had just a few things to purchase. She stood there shmoozing with the clerk after paying for her things, chit chatting about their most recent automobile aquisition while I waited...and waited...and waited, looking at my watch and tapping my foot. I finally spoke up and said, "Do you mind? I'm going to be late for work." Both she and the clerk turned to me and looked at me like I was a bug in their cheese. I sincerely despise rude, nouveau riche women of privelege who wear the equivalent of one of my paychecks on their feet while I struggle to help feed five people.

ksmoderate 7 years, 6 months ago

Again: I fail to see the negative in being progressive. It's a shame that some idiots on TV and radio have bought into this crap (see "cut and run," "support the troops," and "stay the course").

BigAl 7 years, 6 months ago

"secular progressives"? been watching O'Reilly again?

Agnostick:

"Cheney is here because RYUN NEEDS HELP."

Of course, if Cheney did not campaign with Ryun, the secular progressives would say that Ryun is afraid to be seen with Cheney. Can't win with the SPs.

I'm fairly certain that Ryun will win by at least 10 points. The national Democrats have written off Boyda, she is receiving very little, if any, money from liberal groups, and the internal poll from the Topeka firm is highly suspect.

werekoala 7 years, 6 months ago

There are many nice people who I know and like personally that would be horrible legislators. Ryun is one. He came to Dog Days last year, and seemed nice enough, if a little cliched.

However, I'm sorry, but if you look at the man's voting record and rhetoric, you can see he's never let an original thought soil his mind. He toes the party line on every issue, and I can't see why anyone thinks that's a good idea for a representative from either party to be such a partisan hack.

But it energizes the "base". Or at least it did in the past. I wonder if people will ever stop chosing the devils they know...

prioress 7 years, 6 months ago

Perhaps you could take the "Godless, secular, progressive, far-left liberal" approach... and "lawyer up?"

Speaking of, this was interesting: Internet defamation http://www.asiantribune.com/index.php?q=node/2452

Marion Lynn 7 years, 6 months ago

Sorry, missed this thread.

Just got back from Topeka.

Thanks.

Marion.

Arminius 7 years, 6 months ago

Does ASA Marketing have much of a record regarding political polling?

staff04 7 years, 6 months ago

"Posted by cutny (anonymous) on October 12, 2006 at 12:58 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Funny how anyone, least of all Ryun, thinks appearing with Cheney will HELP his campaign. Boyda must be thrilled at her stroke of luck."

So funny to read that comment...I was just discussing Cheney's visit with a colleague who suggested that maybe Boyda should chip in for the VP's airfare...

I met a couple of years ago with an old college professor who has now passed away, unfortunately, who described Congressman Ryun as singly the LEAST intelligent member of Congress.

After meeting with Ryun a few times and even attempting to work with his staff, I realized that perhaps the old sage was correct...

ksmoderate 7 years, 6 months ago

Unfortunately, there are plenty of folks here in SE Kansas that still think Ryun is the bees knees just becuase he's a Christian (after all...that's only what matters??!!??).

May all those people's cars break down on the way to the polls.

mcoan 7 years, 6 months ago

Why would you want a guy with a 20% approval rating to stump for you?

Kontum1972 7 years, 6 months ago

misplacedcheesehead--so hanging with DICK is a model of integrity...mb Jim Ryun should of asked Mr. James Baker to come help him...Jim Baker has "more integrity" in his little finger than Dick Cheney has in his whole body. Rove, Cheney, Rummy...the real AXIS of EVIL...

Agnostick 7 years, 6 months ago

Everyone has a "free pass," right_thinker... attached to the "free pass" is a user agreement.

You also have a "free pass" to go elsewhere, if you think you're being abused/mistreated/persecuted/discriminated against it.

Thanks...

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 6 months ago

Looks like the moderators are letting some of the far-left crowd have "free-passes" today.

Anyway, far-left crowd, real brilliant stuff your'e comin' up with today.

Confrontation 7 years, 6 months ago

misplacedcheesehead: Think of how many people knew Mark Miller and the BTK killer from their experiences in church.

Agnostick 7 years, 6 months ago

Keep in mind... why Cheney is really here...

Cheney, Bush etc. go to only one place, when you get right down to it:

They go where they are needed.

Cheney is here because RYUN NEEDS HELP.

Think about the implications of that.

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

hubcap 7 years, 6 months ago

OK, here's MY personal experience with Jim & Anne Ryun. They cut in line in front of us at that bike shop on Kassold. The bike shop owner had to say, "I'm sorry, these people (referring to me & my wife) were ahead of you," though it was obvious enough to normal people.

bunnyhawk 7 years, 6 months ago

anyone who's a friend of Dick Cheney isn't a friend to Kansas' working men and women!!!!!

Christine Anderson 7 years, 6 months ago

Alright, I've had it. Couranna1, you obviously do not know Jim and Anne personally. I've known this man for 24 years; had his kids in my sunday school class back in the day. He's probably one of the few remaining persons in politics with any integrity. Definetly one of the few I'm willing to admit to knowing. And no, you schmucks, Jim has not lost touch with his constituency.

logrithmic 7 years, 6 months ago

Dick Cheney and Jim Ryun suck.

commuter 7 years, 6 months ago

Settingtherecordstraight-

If 200 people paid 1,000 and 75 paid 100 that would equal 207,500. Who knows maybe a few people more than 1,000. I wasn't there.

couranna1 7 years, 6 months ago

Ryun probably figures that if cheney will shoot his friends what would he do to his enemies. While it is fun to make fun of cheney and sooooo easy I have to say that this is a very dangerous man bordering on pure evil he has been the backbone of the lies that bush tells and I have no doubt that given the low intelligence of dubya has instructed him to keep lying even when caught. his disdain for the people of this country and the world is reprehensible and again I know Ryun is a favorite son here in Lawrence but he must be as bad if he thinks cheney can help him or at best it shows what he really thinks of the people he represents. Maybe next ryun will bring in senator foley for a photo op.

cutny 7 years, 6 months ago

Baille 7 years, 6 months ago

"Cut and run?"

Reminds me a lot of "Dey turk ma jurb!"

Goobacks for Boyda.

oldgoof 7 years, 6 months ago

Keep your heads down today. Cheney: "Ready, Fire, Aim"

SettingTheRecordStraight 7 years, 6 months ago

"Ryun campaign manager Jeff Black said 275 people were attending the event, and that the campaign had raised $207,000."

scenebooster 7 years, 6 months ago

xenophonschild 7 years, 6 months ago

What lollipops.

Pay a thousand bucks to get your picture taken with that creep.

Cheney should be forced to go to the family and loved ones of every soldier killed in Iraq and apologize for being a dumb #ss.

Confrontation 7 years, 6 months ago

I thought there was a strange smell in the air today.

jasonc_22 7 years, 6 months ago

nancy's tv commercials are up...you can see them on her website www.nancyforcongress.com

couranna1 7 years, 6 months ago

Hey Ryun if he offers to take you hunting, please go, if you agree with how that fool has screwed up the country maybe he'll pop a cap on your a**. Cheney is a lout and he has the bushie ear and has been very bad for this country but good for his buddies in business. He along with rumsfeld should have been dumped for incompetence a long time ago. A vote for Ryun is to continue the mockery republicans are trying to make out of this country. So you turned running a mile into a political career Maybe KU will hire you to coach track soon We can only hope caus then he will not be in DC

Cait McKnelly 7 years, 6 months ago

Is anybody else as creeped out as I am by Cheney? He sure doesn't look like MY grandpa. And I think if he did I'd go run and hide under my bed screaming.

BunE 7 years, 6 months ago