Local members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints today will rededicate an education building that has undergone renovations.
The Lawrence Institute of Religion, 1629 W. 19th St., will be rededicated during a ceremony at 7 p.m. It will host an open house from 4 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
The building, formerly the American Baptist Center, was purchased by the Mormons in 1997. The church has institute programs near major universities to provide religious education, social events and study space for college students.
Recent renovations included upgrades to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, added space for mechanical equipment and more parking.