Law enforcement report
Lawrence Police said Friday that in the past 24 hours they'd handled:
- 303 calls
- 26 reports
- three thefts
- three noninjury accidents
- two injury accident
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 61-year-old Lawrence man reported on Wednesday that two rings valued at $7,400 were stolen between Dec. 20, 2004, and Jan. 30. The theft happened in the 3000 block of Tomahawk Drive.
- A 20-year-old Lawrence woman reported a theft between March 4 and March 5 in the 1000 block of Maine. A laptop and cable modem valued at $1,605 were taken.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke detector activation due to malfunction, 11:07 p.m. Thursday, 1440 Jayhawk Blvd.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire -- unintentional, 6:38 p.m. Thursday, 2328 Murphy Drive
- Building fire, 6:27 p.m. Thursday, 1826 N.H.
- Outside equipment fire, 6:32 p.m. Thursday, North 2000 Road.
- Building fire, 5:25 p.m. Thursday, 3323 Iowa.
- Smoke or odor removal, 4:59 p.m. Thursday, 1323 Spencer Drive.
- Passenger vehicle fire, 3:56 p.m. Thursday, McDonald Drive.
- Alarm system sounded, no fire -- unintentional, 11:29 a.m. Thursday, 4000 W Sixth St.
- Dispatched fire incident, canceled en route, 7:38 a.m. Thursday, Iowa.
- Local alarm system, malicious false alarm, 2:23 a.m. Thursday, 1800 Engel Road.