- KU leads the all-time series, 10-4. Texas won the last meeting, 64-60, March 13 at the Big 12 Conference tournament in Dallas. The Longhorns also beat KU, 82-67, on Feb. 23 in Austin, Texas. KU is 6-3 versus UT since the formation of the Big 12. KU is 6-0 versus UT in Lawrence.
- The University of Texas has an enrolllment of 51,438.
- Texas has held 12 of its first 19 opponents to below 40 percent shooting. UT has limited its last three foes (Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and Texas Tech) to a combined 37.6 percent from the floor.
- Freshman Daniel Gibson has led UT in scoring the last four games. He's made 19 of his last 35 shots.
- KU beat Texas, 90-87, on Jan. 27, 2003 at Allen Fieldhouse in an ESPN Instant Classic. Nick Collison had 24 points and 23 boards, and Kirk Hinrich had 23 points. Dick Vitale gave Collison a standing ovation from press row.
- UT is 34-17 in Big 12 road games under coach Rick Barnes. KU is 35-16 in that same span, since the start of the 1998-99 season.
- Bill Self is 0-4 versus Texas and Barnes 3-4 versus KU.
- KU is 4-5 against ranked teams under Self.
Men’s basketball briefs
January 29, 2005